LII - Took You Away

This chapter was actually kinda fun to write :D

I hope you like it

Also I'm sorry, I don't know wtf happened with that last update

Somehow the previous chapter just got copied and then I couldn't get on the website for two days I'M SORRY I'M A FAILURE </3

Enjoy :)

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifty-Two

We walked along the hallways of the dungeon, and before we went out into the open, Pike and Indra watched for guards while Murphy and I stayed further behind them. They looked out the small doorway and made sure no one was coming, while the two of us were about as nervous as we had ever been.

"We need to be careful," I told him in a hushed voice. "They're everywhere. She's guarding it with the best that she has. She'll know we're here, so we need to do this quickly."

"Yeah," he nodded, agreeing. "We're gonna kill the bitch in the red dress. Doesn't matter how, but it's gonna be today."

I heard a slight growl in his voice, and that caught me off guard.

"What if we can't do it?" I asked, my tone becoming shaky.

He didn't look at me. He just continued to look at the doorway that Pike and Indra were staring at.

"Why are you so angry with her?" I asked him. I was genuinely curious. Why did he want her gone so badly?

He stayed frozen for a second, but then finally turned to me. He had a look of determination in his eyes, and just from that expression, I felt my heart beat a little faster.

"Because she took you from me."

I didn't know if it was the result of the adrenaline that raged in my blood, or the love that was shining within my heart, but I kissed him. I kissed him with more passion than I ever had. My fingers grazed along his neck and touched his hair, the warmth of his skin under mine sending shivers up my spine. His hands laid on my waist, then fell to my hips. His fingers dug into my skin the slightest bit. When we finally pulled away, my skin felt hot and tingling. I savoured it while I still could, knowing full well that I may never feel it again.

"What was that for?" he asked.

I looked him in the eyes, and I smiled at him. "Because I love you, John."

He almost chuckled. "You've never called me that before."

"Maybe I should start."

"Coast is clear," Pike said, and the two people ahead of us were out of the doorway only a moment later. I took Murphy's hand and held it tightly while we ran towards the temple.

As it unfortunately turned out, the coast was the exact opposite of clear. When we got inside, I realized that Pike had somehow gotten his hands on a gun. Which helped us out very much when there were people on the other side of the door to Titus' room, the place that they were likely keeping the flame. They almost shot at us, but Pike got them first. He turned his gun towards someone that I knew, which was also unfortunate. Murphy was quick to shout at him.

"No no no no! Not her! Not her!" he said, forcing Pike to point the gun at the ground.

I watched while Murphy walked into the middle of the room, his eyes not leaving Emori.

"They know we're here," I said, and I caught the look in his eyes while he watched her. He no longer trusted her... In face, he looked like he hated her. "We need to bar the doors."

Pike nodded. "I'll get their guns. We're gonna need them."

Murphy walked over to the giant pod that Titus often used and worshipped. "He's powering the pod."

"What about the secret passage?" Pike asked. "She'll know about that now. I'll lock it up."

"No, don't," Murphy argued, much to Pike and Indra's dismay, as well as my own. "She didn't see us come in. Besides, we'll need that later to escape."

I heard the harshness in his voice. He had lost all respect for her.

He went back over to the pod, seeing the pole-like object that held the door of it open. "Thank you, Titus," he said, then grabbed the pole and yanked it out of place. The door fell back to it's normal spot in the pod, and Murphy walked over to the pole that looked similar to an altar. It had the backpack in the middle, with a large blue orb sticking out of it.

"John," Emori said in a warning tone.

He went to stab it, and Emori's voice rang in the silence.

"That's a nuclear fuel cell, John!"

Murphy froze, and I couldn't help but jump towards him. It was my body's immediate reaction the word 'nuclear'. Nuclear radiation was our absolute worst fear, after all...

"You'll irradiate the entire city," she said, putting the emphasis on the word 'entire'. Like she actually cared.

We were quiet for a second, with the pipe just barely hovering over the cell. Murphy was very unsure, just like Pike, Indra, and I.

"So how do we destroy it?" Indra asked, the smallest bit of fear lingering in her tone.

"Very carefully," Pike warned, looking up at Murphy.

Perhaps we couldn't kill her.