LIII - Rage

Oh my god I haven't updated in almost a month i'M GONNA CRYYYYY :'( I'M SO SORRY

___________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifty-Three

The guards kept hitting the doors, and we all knew that this was just about over.

"Crap, it's about to go! Just tell me where to hit this thing!" Murphy yelled, gesturing to the backpack.

Pike was inspected it, and seemed just as unsure about the rest of us.

"Indra, the gun, please," Pike practically begged.

Indra looked to me, an expression of both fear and uncertainty lingering in her eyes before she finally walked to the guard we had knocked out. She took the gun in her left hand, her palms shaking.

"Either we do this now, or we run," Indra said.

"Okay, do it," Pike said.

"But don't hit the fuel cell, John," I said, and the way that I said his first name caught his attention. He looked to me, surprised, but now calmer.

"John! Please, John! Listen to me!" Emori begged, and he froze. "It's not just ALIE in there, John! It's all of us! Forget about the nuke. I'm telling you. Me. Emori! You are making a mistake! The minds of everyone who has entered the City of Light are on that server. If you destroy it, our minds will be gone forever. I'll be gone forever, John!"

Murphy kept looking between Pike and I, and I moved beside him.

"I can't," he whispered.

"She's a liar, John," I said, rushing to grab the pole. "You should have figured that out by now."

I smashed the circular part of the backpack, hitting it multiple times before finally letting the pole drop down at my feet.

Murphy looked away, then down at Emori. She was smiling at us.

"You were too late," she whispered, grinning.

Murphy looked horrified.

"Let's go," Pike said from behind us.

Murphy threw a cloth over her face, anger radiating from him while we all went deep into the tunnels, covering the entrance behind us.

*

"I hear someone," I whispered to Murphy, and Pike and Indra both stopped behind us when I spoke.

I listened a little closer, and Murphy and I looked at each other when we realized exactly who it was.

"Let's go! She wants Bellamy!" we heard a guard shout.

I didn't know what to feel. The last time I saw Bellamy, he hadn't exactly been on our side. He had been on Pike's side. But then again, Pike was with us now too. Maybe he was as well.

Octavia asked where they were taking him, while the guards hit both Octavia and Bellamy. Bellamy assured her that everything was okay, and he was right.

"Pike," I whispered, then nodded my head to the hallway.

I didn't particularly want Indra to follow us. She had enough trouble just holding the gun. I didn't want her to feel conflicted about using it. That, and her arm was still hurt. I didn't want her to be in more pain.

Murphy went in front of us, the smallest of smiles on his face.

"You know, if I were you, I'd hit the deck," he called out, and a light shone on him. It didn't reach us because we were so far back.

Bellamy said Murphy's name, then shouted, "everybody hit the ground!"

All of the prisoners did so, but the guards weren't so lucky. Pike and I had come up beside Murphy and shot at all of them, and I quickly called out to make sure that no one else that I actually cared about had been killed. Pike muttered that I had nearly perfect aim while the others all replied that they were fine.

They all struggled to get to their feet, and Bellamy looked at me in shock. "Ven," he whispered.

"More will come, we have to hurry," Indra said, and I looked at Bellamy with a slightly confused expression before I walked past him to Octavia. I gave her a hand up, and couldn't help but smile a little while Murphy and Miller teased each other.

"You're with Pike?" Octavia asked, her voice seeping with hatred.

"The only way we get out of here is together," Indra said.

"He killed Lincoln," Octavia said, with a strange amount of calmness. "Put him on his knees. Shot him in the head."

My eyes widened. "W-What?" I asked.

Octavia looked at me in surprise. "You didn't know?"

"N-No," I whispered, leaving the gun hanging in one hand while the other clenched into a tight fist. "He didn't tell me."

I turned, gripping the gun a little tighter and heading straight towards Pike. I was angry. No, not just that. It wasn't anger, it was rage. Bellamy stuck out an arm and stopped me, holding me away from Pike while both he and Murphy looked at me in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Murphy asked.

"Lincoln is dead because of him!" I shouted, struggling in Bellamy's arms.

"We need every fighter we can get!" Bellamy insisted, still trying to hold me a little tighter.

It took a second for me to process exactly what he said, but then I calmed slowly, and then nodded.

I could kill Pike later.

Murphy moved over to me, narrowing his eyes at Bellamy a little, who then let me go when he saw Murphy's reaction.

"You guys missed the part where it's time to go?" Murphy asked.

"We're not leaving," Bellamy immediately said.

Murphy almost rolled his eyes. "We just saved your lives. Why do I think I'm gonna regret that?"

"Clarke is in trouble," Bellamy stated.

"Clarke's always in trouble."

He wasn't wrong...

"They took her and the flame to the tower. It's a safe bet that Ontari's there too. Everything we need to stop ALIE is in the same place."

"If we go up that tower, we won't be able to fight our way out again," Octavia said, walking closer to her brother.

"If we stop ALIE, we won't have to," Bellamy said, as his last attempt to persuade us.

Unfortunately, it worked.

"Up the tower," Murphy said. "Great. You know, after this, doing the right thing can kiss my ass."

He walked past us, heading straight for the tower.