XXVIII - Chris & A.L.I.E

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SPOILERS OF THE SEASON 3 PILOT. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THIS EPISODE.*

  So.... I'M BACK, BITCHESSSSSSSS.  

OH MY GOD THAT EPISODE WAS BETTER THAN I IMAGINED BUT I'M KINDA SAD 'CAUSE I WANTED A MONTAGE OF MURPHY TRYING ON NEW CLOTHES BUT Y'KNOW OH WELL

I started writing as soon as Murphy's first scene started. :') I'm serious, I started typing on my phone right when he showed up. I WAS SO EXCITEDDDDD.

:D Enjoy.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Eight

It had been a little over a month since we had gotten to the lighthouse. It felt like years. We were so happy and so... Well, we were caught up in ourselves. But at the same time, not speaking to our friends over the radio and only being with one other person was a little irritating at times. I loved Murphy, of course, but I hated being alone. I wanted to be with our friends again, and so did he. But how would we ever get back?

Maybe that was why we both started to lose it when we were locked in.

Bellamy had informed us that the camp was starting to improve their technology. Supposedly, they had found automobiles and have now turned a jeep into a full on armored vehicle. Other than that, the people of Arkadia were often busy and not able to talk to us very often. It seemed that Murphy and I were so happy that we didn't really notice the way we were slowly drifting apart from those that we once called our people.

However, I noticed it when I was awakened to the sound of a loud mechanical locking throughout the entire bunker. It was loud and sounded like locks. When I realized what the sound resembled, my eyes widened and I shot up in the bed.

"Murphy!" I said, reaching over to shake him. He stirred from his sleep, murmuring.

"What?" he muttered, rubbing at his eyes before sitting up in the bed groggily, while I was wide awake from the shock of the sound.

"Something's wrong," I said. "I think the doors are locking."

His eyes suddenly widened, and we both jumped from the bed. He ran out of the bedroom, while I went to the hatch beside the bed. I yanked the metal ring, trying to pull it up, but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't lift. It had locked.

I heard a loud banging sound, and left the bedroom to see Murphy hitting a metal table against the main exit of the lighthouse. He kept on hitting it repeatedly, his anger causing him to scream of frustration and almost break the table completely.

"Murphy, stop!" I said, coming up behind him. He kept on hitting it, until I laid my hand on his bicep. He froze, then let out one last scream of frustration before dropping the table at his feet.

"The radio room won't open," he hissed. "Nothing will open!"

And as we continued to look around the lighthouse, I knew he was right. We could get into the living room, the kitchen, the bedroom, and the bathroom. That was it. We tried running the taps, and nothing came out. Our water was shut off too.

"We're screwed," I whispered, swallowing dryly.

If we couldn't get into the bunker below us, then we didn't have any supplies except for the ten (maybe less) water bottles and two cupboards of food in the kitchen.

We were done for. We were going to die unless we got out of here, and we both knew it.

"We need to find someway to conserve everything," I said. "We need to ration it."