XXXI - ABC's of Murphy

February 14th, 2016

They're turning into a power couple. >:D

Oh, and am I the only one that's really pissed off that thERE HAS BEEN NO MURPHY FOR TWO EPISODES

I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS PEOPLE

K bye.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-One

"There's only one question," Murphy sighed, leaning against one of the overturned boats on the beach. "What the hell are we supposed to do now?"

"We definitely can't go to Jaha," I said, looking out at the water. It was a foggy night, and we could barely see anything, but it was still strangely beautiful.

It wasn't long before we heard something. It sounded like a foghorn, and when we spotted a light in the darkness, I knew that was exactly it.

"Is that a boat?" Murphy asked.

I nodded. "Yeah... But for who?"

"You're leaving, huh?" Murphy asked, looking over to where he had heard some leaves rustling. I looked over too, and saw Jaha and a man I had never seen before walking onto the sand.

"So are you," Jaha said.

"Not with you," I told him, shaking my head.

"I'll be right there, Gideon," he said to the man. I saw that he had some kind of deformity, but I couldn't really make it out in the dark.

"I see you've made a new friend," Murphy stated.

Jaha came up to us, somewhat annoyed. "I'm sorry that we kept you in the bunker, John. Is that what you wanna hear? But the truth is, I knew you were safe, and with all the things that we had to do, I needed the time."

"Yeah," Murphy scoffed. "We could tell you were pretty busy back there."

"We converted a nuclear warhead into a power source," Jaha stated, and that sparked my interest. That power source, if it was actually real, would likely hold more energy than we had ever seen before. "With the added power, ALIE was able to complete the work she began with her creator a hundred years ago."

"Whatever. Look, we're still leaving this place in a rowboat," Murphy said.

"I need you," Jaha said, looking directly at Murphy.

"Of course you do. More food for the sea monster, right?" Murphy said, his tone showing a cold resentment towards Jaha.

Jaha reached into his pocket, and Murphy and I glanced at each other, worried about what he was holding. Whatever it was, it was small enough to keep in his closed fist.

"Let me prove to you what we can do," Jaha said.

"Listen to me, we've seen what she can do," Murphy stated, standing up and taking a step towards Jaha.

"No, you haven't," he shook his head. "Not even close, son."

"You sound even crazier than before," i said, moving to stand by Murphy and cross my arms over my chest. "How is that even possible?'

Jaha wasn't even slightly affected by my words, or Murphy's smirk when he heard them.

"I can tell you about the City of Light, but you won't understand until you experience it yourself," he said, finally showing us what was in his hand.