Leaving Home

(Ven's Room)

Ven just lay on his bed playing with the wooden Keyblade, that Terra had given him once he had first arrived at the Land of Departure a few years ago. He felt so bad for Terra, he saw how hard Terra worked and for him to just fail like that didn't sit right with him.

Sure, Terra could be stubborn and hot-headed at times, but Master Eraqus knows just as well as the rest of us that Terra's intentions are always good and well-meaning.

He couldn't help but sigh as he just stared at the wooden Keyblade hoping that Terra would get another chance at the exam soon.

Suddenly the chimes from the bell went off and Ven immediately knew something important was going on. He hopped right out of bed, ready to head to the throne room. He was at the threshold of the door when he heard a voice.

"Better Hurry Ventus."

Ven turned around to the unfamiliar voice and was surprised to see an unfamiliar figure who wore a black and red organic suit, and a silver helmet with dark tinted glass, leaning against his desk.

"Huh. Who are you.?"

"Or you'll never see Terra again."

That statement in and of itself was enough to get Ven riled up.

"What? Get real! I can see Terra anytime I want."

The realization finally dawned on Ven, that this had to have been the person who had attacked Senna and her familiars. He quickly dropped the wooden Keyblade and summoned his ready for a fight.

Nobody hurts my friends and gets away with it. I'll protect them like they protect me.

However, the boy in the mask didn't seem to respond at all to his actions, instead finally turning his head towards Ven.

"Like right now? He's leaving you behind. And by the time you catch up, he'll be a different person."

He didn't know what this person was trying to accomplish but he didn't know the first thing when it came to Terra.

"Look you don't know the first thing about Terra. Me and Him will always be a team, including Aqua and Senna. Are you trying to pick a fight or what?"

He quickly got into a battle stance.

The boy in the mask quickly scoffed at him as he walked to the other side of the room

"Oh, Grow up. Is that what you call friendship? You are too weak to do anything to me, though you are probably more of a challenge than your summoner friend. Couldn't fight back or anything, as I nearly choked the life out of her."

Ven tightens his hold on his Keyblade, having heard enough of his nonsense. He tried to run right at him, but he put up a barrier that pushed him back.

"Soon enough, the rest of your merry group will leave you behind as well. Leaving you stuck all alone here."

Ven just glared at him, he did not doubt that none of his friends would ever do such a thing to him

"You'll never know the truth unless you go out and look for it yourself."

The masked boy once again turns to Ven so they are looking at one another.

"Come on, what could you possibly know when you're stuck here, looking at nothing but what's in your tiny world?"

Suddenly a dark portal opened up and the masked boy walked through it, with the portal closing as he left.

Ven sighed and immediately dropped his battle stance. He hated to admit it, but he knew there was some truth to what he said. Ever since he came here, Master Eraqus was very adamant about him not venturing far from the castle.