Olympus Coliseum Part 2 (Senna)

Senna was struggling to control her nerves, but this place unsettled her in many ways that went beyond the fact that she was now traveling in the Underworld, the home of the dead.  The path they were walking on was narrow and damp, and the only light was the light-up torches around them.

However, what scared her the most, was the green river that flowed all around them. She thought she heard screaming and faint outlines of hands trying to rise out from it.

Senna licked her chapped lips trying, but failing to hide her nervousness.

"So, what is this green river?"

"It's what I like to call the River Styx, it acts as a border between here and the land of the living. Though its main purpose is to transport dead souls until they receive judgment from yours truly."

"How long does that take, to judge all these souls" she asks, because with so many souls probably coming in daily, she wonders how long some of them have to wait before moving on.

Hades just shrugs "With the amount that comes in day in and day out, the waiting line is typically 100 years give or take sometimes more. The only exceptions would be those who have done extraordinarily good deeds or heroes, they get the luck of cutting straight through the line."

Senna shivered at the thought of her parents somewhere deep in this river, not being able to move on. There was a part of her that wanted to ask about them, but she knew whatever answer Hades would give she probably wouldn't like it.

She was so lost in her thoughts, that she failed to keep her eyes around her surroundings and soon found herself tripping over a rock. Because the pathway was narrow, she risked falling right into the river, but thankfully Hades happened to catch her arm just in time.

"Might not be a good time to be clumsy, spend too much time in the River Styx while alive, you won't be coming back out" he said sounding amused as he helped her stand straight up and started walking ahead.

Senna gulped nervously, as she continued to follow Hades. It wasn't long before they came upon a large door, with a zig-zagged mark going from the top of the door, all the way to the bottom. Hades proceeded to snap his fingers and the doors immediately opened for him.

The area they entered was much more spacious, with a set of stairs that led up to another pair of doors. Senna could sense a concealment spell in the area, and she knew right away this was the location of the boulder that he wanted her to move.

"PAIN, PANIC" Hades suddenly yelled, causing Senna to take a step back from the suddenness of the yell.

The door from the top suddenly opened, and she could see two creatures rushing out of it and sprinting down the stairs, However, they seemed to have tripped over each other, causing them to fall the rest of the way down the stairs.

Hades just sighed as the two came tumbling down and landing face-first in front of them, while Senna didn't know what to make of it. This was certainly something that she didn't expect to see in the underworld.

Suddenly the large purple imp got up "Pain"

"And Panic," the skinny blue imp said getting up next to his partner.

"Reporting for duty."

This wasn't what I imagined servants of the underworld would look like.

"Great, that is just fine. This is Senna, we're doing a little transaction deal right now," he said gesturing towards her.

Senna put on her best smile trying to keep her unease at bay "It's nice to meet you."

"Got to say I love the hair and eye color," the one called Pain said looking over her from a distance.