Chapter 6

Cry’s P.O.V

The clock on the wall in my room let out a continuous ticking which was driving me nuts. Glancing up at it I could see it was nearly 6am. Why am I up so early? I’m never up this early. I grabbed the thin sheets and rolled over, pressing my faced against the pillow. It felt good not to be wearing the mask, feeling the soft material against my skin, but I was growing to like the constant cover I had from everyone. Nobody here was judging me on my looks... I liked that.

I wonder if Pewds is awake, or Russ or Scott. Luckily Pewds had explained what happened the other night when I’d asked when we were ‘exploring.’ He told me we were both drunk so he took me to bed, not realising it was his room. When I asked about his shirt he laughed and told me not to worry about it, nothing had happened. I was relieved... if something ever happened between us two I’d want to remember it. For a second I closed my eyes and imagined. I imagined what his lips would feel like against mine. What he’d say if he was laying beside me now like he was last night.

“God Dammit,” I muttered and jumped out of bed before my thoughts got too out of hand. I grabbed a towel and jumped into the shower. I don’t even know if Pewds is into guys like I am. I mean, sure, I’ve known I was bi for some time now but I’ve never met a guy like Pewds. He’s different. He’s... just different. God, I don’t know. I’m really confused about it all.

I have more important things to think about now anyway. Like the competition today. It was starting in 3 hours. At least I won’t be late this time.

Jumping out the shower I got dressed and put on my mask then headed downstairs for some breakfast. Scott and Russ were already in the kitchen, sitting at the bar and eating cereal.

“Morning,” I called to them.

“Hey Cry, can’t sleep either?” Scott asked.

“Not really,” I replied.

“Thinking about today?” Russ guessed and pushed the carton of milk over to me as I sat down with my bowl of fruit loops.

“Yeah,” I lied. I couldn’t exactly tell them I was thinking about Pewds.

“We’re so going to kick the other team’s asses,” Russ added with a wide smile.

“What do you think the simulation will be?” Scott asked us. We both shrugged. “Maybe a strip club?” he added and wiggled his eyebrows. We both laughed at him.

“What’s this about a strip club?” Red asked as she entered the room.

“Nothing,” Russ answered quickly. Red just laughed and kissed his cheek before going to fetch herself some toast.

“Dude?” I said quietly.

“Haha yep it’s official,” Russ laughed and flicked some cereal my way. “She’s my gal.”

“That was quick,” Scott teased and nudged him. Russ just rolled his eyes, flicking more cereal at Scott.

“Shut up,” he laughed before Scott’s cereal piece hit him square in the nose. It was awkward eating with this mask on but I managed without having to lift it up. I guess Anna designed it with that in mind.

“Hi Cry,” Red said as she perched on the stool beside me.

“Hey Red.”

“Sleep okay?”

“I guess,” I replied then caught sight of a sheet of paper she held. “Did you draw that?” I asked, looking at the sketch of some anime characters.

“Yeah, you like it?” she asked, setting it on the table.

“It’s awesome,” I answered honestly. “You’re really talented.”

“Awh thanks Cry,” she smiled and pushed her glasses up her nose and pulling a pencil from behind her ear. “It’s not finished yet but I think it’s alright,” she added.

“You’re like a genius with a pencil,” Scott joked but I could see he was admiring her work just as much as I was.

Soon Pewds came down and sat next to me, eating cereal and telling me about the crazy dream he had about giant spiders wearing sunglasses. I just sat and laughed, not being able to take my eyes off him. He looked so good in the morning.

God, what is wrong with me? I thought, noticing that my mind was, yet again, filled with thoughts of the guy.

Ken followed shortly after and before long it was nearly 9 o’clock.

“Time to go,” Red told us all, determined not to be late again.

“Let the games begin!” I called, throwing my hands in the air dramatically.

PewDie’s P.O.V

“You ready?” Cry asked me as we stood outside the simulation room. Team Y were sent to a different one to stop us from arguing or something. I don’t want to fight with them but I guess it’s just for safety reasons. So, we were left here, waiting for Paul to arrive and tell us what we needed to do. It won’t be long now.

“I’m quite excited,” I replied. I couldn’t wait to discover what surprises they had in store for us. Hopefully we won’t have to fight anything, I suck at that.

“Yeah, me too,” Cry agreed, leaning against the wall and facing me. I felt my cheeks grow hot when he didn’t turn away. “Hey Pewds...” he began but stopped suddenly.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Don’t you think it’s strange? This place is totally surrounded with forest. It’s so hidden,” he said. I thought back to yesterday and how we’d walked around for an hour, only to be met with endless trees and thick forest.

“I don’t know. Maybe they want to keep this place private,” I guessed and shrugged. I wouldn’t be surprised after all the publicity this competition had got. The last thing they’d want is a herd of people interrupting it. “Plus these ‘simulations’ seem pretty advance. Maybe they don’t want anyone stealing their ideas,” I added.

“Hmm I guess,” Cry nodded but he still sounded unsure.

“Oh Cry, are you always this paranoid?” I teased and gave him a smirk. I wish I could see his face. To see if he’d smiled at my words or rolled his eyes... but I couldn’t. I didn’t get an answer either because just that second Paul came round the corner.

“It’s time guys. The simulation is ready!” he cheered, pushed the door of the simulation room open and rushed inside.

“Come on Cry,” I coaxed, seeing him linger behind slightly. He stood up straight and made his way to the door but before he answered he leaned closer to me.

“By the way Pewds. I’m not paranoid,” he whispered in my ear, his voice deep and seductive. Then... I felt his hand come down, slapping me on the ass playfully. A small yelp escaped my lips and I was left in utter shock. He casually walked into the room, leaving me frozen to the spot, my cheeks bright red and a strange feeling in my stomach.