Chapter 25

PewDie’s P.O.V

“Rise and shine!” I called as I pulled the curtains open, letting in the bright morning sun. I chuckled as the sleepy brunette groaned and pulled the covers over his head, rolling over onto his stomach. He was so grumpy in the morning.

“Come on sleepy head,” I sang and pulled the covers from him. He groaned again and curled up, covering his masked face with his arms. He even slept in that mask. “Everyone’s waiting for you. I made breakfast again!”

“Breakfast?” he mumbled deeply and peered through a gap between his arms. I remember how much he’d enjoyed it yesterday when I’d made some for everyone. 

“Oh so now I have your attention,” I teased and folded my arms, raising my brows at him. I watched as he stretched out, yawning loudly and chuckling at me.

 “Let me brush my teeth and then I’ll be right down,” he told me and sat up. I was left marvelling over how much deeper his voice was in the morning. That’s just not fair.  

“Okay but don’t be too long or there’ll be none left,” I called back to him as I made my way downstairs. I needed to get away from him before that damned voice made me do something stupid.

Everyone was gathered around the table, sitting on the stools and digging into the pancakes I’d made once again upon everyone’s request. I’d made some for Ken yesterday and they seemed to go down a storm with everyone.

“Pewds, these are great,” Russ said around a mouthful of food. I just laughed at him and went to put some onto a plate for Cry. 

“I second that!” Ken called, pouring lashes of syrup onto his and gazing longingly at the pancakes through a partially swollen eye. His face still looked as sore as it had the day I punched him and almost two days had passed. Hopefully it’ll start looking better tomorrow...tomorrow...we have the third simulation tomorrow.

Honestly, I’m terrified.

I don’t even want to go back into another one of those ‘games’. Not after what happened last time...

“Morning friends,” I heard Cry call merrily as he came down the stairs.

“Hey,” everyone called except me. I just looked over at him and grinned. Why did he have to look so good in the morning? He remained in his sleepwear, a plain t-shirt and loose pant which hung precariously at his hips. I couldn’t help but stare.

He came straight over to me whilst rubbing his hands together. He’d certainly perked up.

“Give me,” he chuckled and reached towards the plate. I held it back till it was just out of his grasp and smiled when his shoulder slouched in disappointment.

“Not until...I get a thank you kiss,” I smirked and pointed at me cheek.

“Seriously?” he asked. “You’re such a girl.” I just ignored the comment and stood grinning as he lifted his mask a little. He made sure his back was to our friends but I don’t know whether that was because he was hiding the little of his face that was uncovered or because he wanted to hide what he was about to do.

His hand curled around my neck gently, pushing my headphones aside and tilting my face up as he kissed me. Not my cheek but my lips instead. It was only soft, only a slight brush of our mouths but it was enough to send my heart soaring. It only lasted for a second, only a moment but that was all I needed.

“Hmmm thanks,” Cry whispered as he drew away, pulling his mask down and taking the plate off me while I stood dazed. By the time I’d collected my scattered thought he was sitting at the table, ignoring our friend’s stunned yet happy expressions.