Chapter 57

Hey Guys! Sorry for not updating yesterday. I was really busy and the day just flew by but here, take this. Enjoy =D

PewDie’s P.O.V

 Macey’s high-pitched giggles were the only thing keeping me from succumbing to the horrors that lay so close to us.

“Stop it!” she laughed, tugging at my hair as I pretended to drop her.

“You’re just so heavy! Oh no! You’re slipping!” I called dramatically, letting her slide down my back a little. She burst into another fit of giggles and I hiked her back up.

“Stop it. You’re lying!” she told me, wrapping her tiny arms around my neck as I gave her a piggy-back across town, preventing the bodies on the floor from biting at her weak ankles.

“Okay! Okay! I’ll stop,” I told her, smiling despite myself.

 I felt an odd scratching at my leg and glanced down to find a woman, close to death, clawing at my foot, trying to pull herself over so she could sink her rotting teeth into my flesh. I shook her off, hurrying away, dodging the randomly placed bodies that were scattered across the street.

“Are we nearly at that warehouse?” I asked. I didn’t like being out here. It was too quiet, drenched in death and the smell of decaying flesh was potent.

“I think so...”

“You do know where it is, don’t you?”

I turned back at her, seeing how she stretched her neck, looked around the street, the look of pure concentration on her pale face. “Yes. Go down that road,” she told me, pointing towards a narrow alley.

I followed her instructions, knowing I had nothing better to go off and was happy to find that the street we came out on was much cleaner, only a few bodies lay against the run-down shops that lined the road and they all seemed to be...deceased.

Macey wriggled and I set her down on the floor, watching her intently as she began walking ahead, set on a certain path. I made sure I walked closely beside her, keeping my eyes peeled for any possible threat. In the end I got so paranoid that I grabbed onto her hand, being comforted by the fact that I could easily grab her if anything was to happen.

“Are you okay, Mr. Felix?” she asked, a small frown indented into her brow as she looked up at me. I opened my mouth to reply but stopped when I heard the sound of voices ahead of us.

I suddenly pulled Macey behind me, my panic spiking.

I won’t let anything hurt her.

Squinting into the distance, I could make out four figures. For a moment I thought it was the bandits but then I realised...Snake wasn’t with them anymore and one of them was...no longer with us. Macey grabbed onto the cotton of my shirt, peeking past me to see what was going on.

“W-Who are they? Are they bad people?” she asked. Her voice was no louder than a whisper.

 The figures came closer and I sighed in relief.

“No...They’re my friends,” I told her. I couldn’t keep the smile from my face.

It had worked! All Cry’s suffering was for something. It didn’t go to waste. He saved them all. This was evidence of that.

Red, Russ, Scott and Ken made their way towards me, continuing to walk until they stood right in front of me.

“Hello.” Ken spoke first, uncertainty clouding his voice. I couldn’t describe how good it was to see them all again, to see them all together and healthy...safe.