Chapter 10

PewDie’s P.O.V

The room suddenly erupted with cheers. My friends all began grabbing each other, hugging and jumping about as we celebrated our victory. Although my body moved, my mind was stuck in a daze. I was left slightly disorientated from the sudden chance of environment. As soon as I’d fallen into the Glass House the simulation had ended and we’d all opened our eyes to find ourselves back in the simulation room, back to reality.

“Woo!” Scott yelled, throwing his hands in the air and grabbing Cry and Russ who were laughing in both happiness and relief. Cry... he was okay! I knew he was okay. Cry is strong, he can look after himself. He doesn’t need me. Even though the thought reassured me it was also upsetting. I’d have been lost in that simulation without him watching over me. I need him but... he doesn’t need me.

“We won Pewds!” Cry sang merrily and came rushing over to me. I felt my face heat up when he pulled me into a tight hug. Why do I always blush so much when he’s close? It’s such a give away... someone is bound to guess how I feel if I carry on like this. I’ve only known the guy for three days! I guess that doesn’t matter though, it doesn’t to me anyway.

“What’s up friend? Cat got your tongue?” Cry chuckled.

“Well there’s a first time for everything,” I joked, wrapping my arms around him too. Soon all the others rushed over to us, pulling us into a group hug. I was surrounded with laughter. I could get used to this.

“Team X!” we heard Paul shout as the door of the simulation room opened. He rushed in, a wide smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. “Congratulations, you’ve won round one. None of you will be leaving the competition this time.”

His announcement gained another round of cheering from us all. Scott even ran over to Paul and pulled him over to us. We all grabbed onto him, hugging him too and he laughed at our enthusiasm.

“Well you’ve made it safely this time but don’t get too comfortable. The next simulation will be taking place in one week,” he told us.

“A week?” Red asked.

“Yeah, we thought we’d give you guys some time to rest plus we’re experiencing some... technical difficulties,” he admitted. Our cheers began to die down and I looked at Paul questioningly.

“What do you mean?” Cry asked him.

“Oh it’s nothing to worry about. It’ll be fixed in a few days.” He smiled warmly at us but I could see there was something he wasn’t telling us.

“We wouldn’t let you go into the simulations is they were dangerous,” Paul added when he noticed us looking sceptically at him.

“We came across some people in the desert,” Ken said quietly. “They tried to kill me. That’s pretty dangerous if you ask me.”

“Yeah I’d noticed you met them,” Paul told us.  

“Met them?! Pewds knocked one out with a rock,” Russ rushed and pointed at me.

“Haha yeah. I saw that too.”

“What do you mean? You ‘saw’ it?” I asked.  

“Well, we monitor the simulations. We can see what’s going on at all times. We created the ‘bandits’ to act as a challenge for you. They aren’t real people. They’re just like characters in a game,” Paul told us.

“Hmm, I thought so,” I said. They couldn’t have been real. Ken had been safe all along. I’d know it too but it didn’t stop them from freaking the hell out of me.