Chapter 27

PewDie’s P.O.V

“Dammit Nicky!” Cry’s voice stopped me mid-sentence and I spun around to see him running towards me. The other began to follow him, all four of them sprinting towards me, waving their hands and yelling.

“What’s up with them?” Nicky asked then turned back to the boat. “Oh! Hey! My friends here!” Nicky cheered and tugged at my sleeve again.

“Huh?” I broke my gaze from my friends and turned to see who her friend was.

At first I thought I was imaging it. There was no way one of them could be in a place as perfect as this. No way... Yet I still ripped my arm from Nicky and began stumbling back, my feet becoming clumsy in the sand.

“Sir? What’s wrong?” Nicky asked, watching me stumble away and turn into a shaking mess before her eyes.

“N-No...Not again...” I murmured. It wasn’t the same guy who’s attacked me, nor was it the blonde man who’d tried to kill Ken. This was the one remaining man we had yet to encounter properly. I’d hardly even noticed him back in the cave. He’d just stood silent but now he was coming straight to me. Quite frankly, I was too dazed with fear and the need to get away to care who he was. He was a bandit. That’s all that mattered.

“Pewds!” I spun around just in time to see Cry grab me and shove me behind him. I continued to stumble back though, falling flat in the sand with an ‘ouff.’

“Sir?” Nicky asked, her eyes becoming wide and shocked as Cry stormed over to the man with clenched fists. The man stopped when he got to the boat and folded his arms, looking pretty relaxed for a guy who was going to attack us.

“Cry!” I called and scrambled to my feet.

“People! Stop this!” Nicky yelled and when I looked over to her I saw her standing in front of the bandit, her arms stretched out as if she were protecting him. I noticed Cry hesitate and just when he was going to step forwards again I grabbed his arm, pulling him back and giving him a warning glare.

“Howdy,” a deep, almost emotionless voice called to us. I turned to the bandit who stood behind Nicky. He placed a hand on her shoulder and pushed her aside gently.

“Who the fuck are you?” Russ yelled over to the man but stood a few meters away from him with Cry and I. As I stared at the bandit I noticed how he remained in the same clothes he’d been wearing back in the desert. His sandy coloured shirt remained partly unbuttoned and his sleeves were still rolled up to the elbow. His army style trousers and combat boot were still the same, not to mention the dark green bandana that was tied around his head, covering some of his sandy blonde hair but making the thick stubble that lined his jaw stand out more.     

“I’m Snake,” he replied, his voice still emotionless as he stepped forward. “And you are?”

We glanced around each other, frowning in confusion over the situation. I don’t think any of us knew how to react.

“Snake’s here to help us. He’s going to drive the boat,” Nicky explained. Snake’s dark brown eyes fixed with mine and I felt myself tense up. His gaze fell to my arm for a split second before moving to scan around the rest of us. Did he know what the other bandit had done to me? Of course he does.

“You’re a bandit,” Ken stated, glaring at the expressionless man.

“Excuse me?”

“You’re one of them! One of them who hurt us...who are still trying to hurt us!” Ken yelled and I could see anger building up inside of him. I turned away. The dark tinge to his eyes remained me of how he’d been back in the laundry room.