Chapter 20

A/N: Hey Guys! Just letting you all know that I won't be able to update tomorrow but I've given you all a little something special in this chapter to keep you all sweet until I come back. Hope you like it.  

PewDie’s P.O.V

The door at the end of the corridor slammed open, making me jump and look over to find Paul rushing down the hallway.

“It’s over,” he called over to us. I glanced around at all my friends and we shared a worried look. No, it can’t be over. Cry’s not back yet. He promised me he’d be back. If the simulation is over and he hasn’t returned does that mean... does it mean he’s gone?

“Where’s Cry?” Paul asked with frown as he took us all in. “I just saw him... he should be here...” Before he could even finish his sentence I was pulling the door to the simulation room open and hurrying inside. My body seemed ready to burst with the anticipation of seeing him again but when my eyes fell onto him it wasn’t what I’d been expecting at all. He was sitting cross legged in the middle of the room just staring down at the floor. Something was wrong. The door flinging open seemed to get his attention though and he looked up at me.

“Cry?” I spoke cautiously and walked over to him. There were so many emotions going off inside of me that I didn’t know what I felt. One moment I was ecstatic from seeing him safe and still in the competition and the next minute I was drowned with worry. How long had he been sitting here?

I crouched down in front of him and stared into the big black eyes of his mask. If only I could see his face, maybe then I’d know what was going on with him.

“Hi,” he replied after a pause.

“Hey... Look,” I held out my arm towards him. “It’s all better see. It was just part of the game,” I smiled at him. He reached over, taking my hand in his and turning it around so he could inspect my arm properly. I could feel his thumb rubbing small circles against my wrist and making me shiver.  Once he was satisfied with what he saw he released my arm and looked up at my forehead.

“Is your head better too?” he asked me. I don’t know what it was but he suddenly sounded so young and childlike and not in the playful way he usual does...this was different.

“Yeah. I’m all fixed,” I smirked, hoping it would snap him out of whatever trance he was in but it didn’t seem to help at all. I was about to ask him what was wrong, although I think I had a pretty good idea, when Paul and the others came into the room, interrupting us.

Paul’s hand came down onto my shoulder and he squeezed it gently.

“You and the others go back to the house. It’s been a long day for you all. Anna and I just need to speak with Cry for a moment then he’ll be all yours,” he told me. His choice of words made me wonder whether he was aware of my feeling for Cry but I dismissed the thought, realising it was stupid and practically impossible.

“Okay,” I replied and stood up. Red tugged on the sleeve of my shirt, guiding me out the room as I glanced back at the only person I wanted to be with right now. But Cry wasn’t looking at me anymore. He was staring down at the floor again, his fingers playing with the laces of his shoes.

I was so confused.

He seemed like a totally different person. This was a side of Cry I’d never seen before.

Cry’s P.O.V

“Hello Cry.”