Chapter 26

PewDie’s P.O.V

 “Pewds open your eyes,” I heard Cry chuckling. A warm breeze wrapped itself around me and I could hear birds chirping...or was that just my imagination? Opening my eyes slowly I was almost blinded by the sun’s bright rays.

“Huh?” I blinked a couple of times before everything came into focus. What the...?

This place was beautiful.

I released my grip on Cry and stepped away from him, taking in the scene before me. Everything was so bright, so radiant and welcoming. I brought my hand up to shade my eyes from the sun as I gazed out at the vibrant crop fields ahead of us filled with tall grass and corn plants. They almost looked at bright as the sun. Just ahead of the fields I could see a beach... billions of tiny grains of golden sand scattered across the ground before merging with a crystal clear ocean. Then, even further beyond that sat a tiny island settled just off the coast.

My breath came out shakily as I stared in awe at the landscape before me. It was almost too dazzling to comprehend, words do not do it justice so my friends and I remained silent as we watched the crops swing side to side gently and the subtle waves sweep against the shore. I noticed tiny birds flying ahead of us, heading towards the sea as they sang us a tune. What was this place? Was it some kind of paradise? It sure looked like one.

I don’t know how but I managed to pull myself away from the view and turned back to my friends who all seemed as swept away as I was. Only then did I notice that I was standing on a railway platform, a small ticket office made from white bricks stood in front of me and when I turned around again I saw the narrow railroad which twisted onto the hills lining each side of us and curving up towards the beach. 

“This place is fucking gorgeous,” Cry finally spoke. I turned back to see him fall onto one of the glossy wooden benches.

“Where are we?” Russ asked as he stepped beside me to take in the scenery better.

“I don’t know but I don’t want to leave,” Ken said, making his way over to us.

“Wow...Ken.” My eyes widened as I looked at his face. It was no longer bruised and swollen, no longer red and sore but completely fixed. I quickly pulled the side of my shirt up to find my own injuries were gone too. Ken reached up to touch his face then smiled brightly.

“I guess these simulations work both ways. Any injuries you have in here aren’t reality and any injuries you have in reality aren’t here,” I mused, sliding my shirt back down and smiling just as brightly as Ken was. These simulations might not be too bad after all.

“Hey Guys!” Red called and we all turned to her. She was inspecting a small sheet of creamy blue paper which had been pinned to the door of the ticked office. “It says the trains supposed to be here in a couple of minutes. It’ll take us down to the beach.”

“Shall we take it?” Russ asked, walking over to look at it himself.

“Paul said to follow the ‘story.’ I guess the train is the beginning,” Cry said although he still seemed taken aback by this place we’d found ourselves in. We all nodded in agreement and took a seat on the benches, taking everything in over and over again until we heard the soft sounds of a train approaching. I leaned forward to find a steam train coming towards us. It was only small, pulling three open carriages behind the shiny green engine. It came closer to us almost silently, the steam wafting into the cloudless sky. Cry and Russ stood up and made their way to the platform.

“Hello!” a light, feminine voice called and when I looked I saw a small skinny arm waving at us from the cab. The train pulled up at the platform, slowing to a halt and before I could stand up the cab door swung open and out jumped a woman. She was quite small, her head reaching just below Cry’s shoulder as she skipped over to us. She was skinny too, dressed in black trousers, a white shirt and a green waist coat with a name tag which read ‘Nicky.’