Chapter 11

PewDie’s P.O.V  

“Cry!” I yelled in horror as the strangers fist collided with his masked face. A dreadful sound filled the room. Cry stumbled back in shock and the black haired man shook his hand. He’d obviously underestimated how hard Cry’s mask was and ended up hurting himself in the process.  

“Shaun! Knock it off!” the two woman with him yelled and grabbed onto him, stopping him from hitting Cry again as he stood, bent over and holding his face. Before I knew it I was right beside him.

“Cry? Oh my God... you’re bleeding!” I said almost too quickly for anyone to understand. I could see blood dripping out from under his mask. I was surprised his mask hadn’t broken in half. I reached out to him and gently rubbed his back as he leant forward, slipping his hand beneath his mask to try and find where the blood was coming from.

“I’m okay,” he muttered, sensing my panic. I glared over at the man named Shaun who stood staring at Cry, his face expressionless.

“What did you do that for?!” I yelled at him. How could someone do this to Cry? Cry was harmless! He wouldn’t hurt a fly.

 I stalked over to Shaun and shoved his shoulders hard, hatred burnt in my eyes. He was a considerable amount taller than me and stared me down, his eyebrows raised and a small smirk on his face, daring me to fight him. I shoved him again in anger but he just sighed and shook his head before walking away from me.  

“Pewds,” Cry called to me. “Get over here,” he ordered. I watched Shaun walk off with the rest of Team Y. He wasn’t worth my time... he’d probably beat me up anyway.

“What happened?” I asked Cry. He stood up straight, fixing his mask back into place.

“Nothing. Let’s just go,” he mumbled and left the room. I stood there for a moment, shocked by what had just happened.  Cry had only been gone for a moment. What the hell was going on?! I rushed after him, flinging the door open and running down the stairs outside. I could see him walking past the rest of our group, holding up his hand and ignoring their questions.

“What happened?” Russ asked me. I looked over at Cry who disappeared into the trees, walking quickly towards the house. He obviously wanted to be alone.

“This guy from the other team just punched him!” I told everyone. They all seemed as surprised by this as I was.

“That fucker!” Scott yelled.

“Where did he go?” Russ asked. His hands balled into fists and he craned his neck, looking for Shaun.

“It’s no use going after them,” I told him. “It’ll only make things worse.”

“Why’d he do it?” Red asked.

“Cry wouldn’t say,” I answered honestly. I remembered the blood I’d seen dripping from underneath his mask. “Come on. I think Cry’s hurt,” I told them.

We all rushed back to the house as quickly as we could. Russ was the first to enter. He slammed the door open and began calling Cry’s name.  

“He’s probably upstairs,” Scott told him and rushed up the stairs, taking them two at a time. I wasn’t far behind and although I was worried about Cry, I was warmed to see how much everyone cared for him.

“Cry?” Russ called and banged on his bedroom door. I glanced between Russ and Scott who exchanged a worried glance. From inside the room faint shuffling could be heard. Russ tired the door handle only to find he’d locked it.