1.

After season 2 episode 12.
(context: after the langley bombing)

quinn and i had been a reoccurring thing for the past year. his work didn't allow for us to be more common than a regular relationship. neither did my work either i guess. the lonely friday night is when i find peter quinn on my doorstep. i never ignore it either. i saw on the news when i got home that a cia headquarters not far away in DC got bombed. that's where peter worked. apparently, nobody made it. so now, it was me wandering to a door step.
i knocked on the front door, stepping away.
no more than thirty seconds, he opened the door.
"cass?"
his one eyebrow went up as he leaned on the door.
i looked down at my scrub pants, then back up at him.
"i saw the news" i smiled
both of his eyebrows went up. "yeah, fucking crazy"
"just wanted to make sure you weren't dead or anything" i shrugged
he titled his head, smiling.
"it's fucking werid you know, last time i saw you, you were telling everybody i was the ER nurse you were fucking and wasn't that into" i laughed
that was the reason i hadn't seen him in awhile. he was telling people that i was the er nurse he was fucking. that wasn't the problem. the problem was he said that "he wasn't that into me".
"maybe it wasn't true"
from what i saw, i knew it wasn't true.
i shook my head
"so you weren't at that meeting?"
"obviously not" he smiled
"i'm glad" i nodded
"that's new" i said, pointing to his torso.
he looked down at his shirtless top half
"yeah, got shot not too long ago"
"can't talk about it?"
"you know how it is working for the CIA" he smirked
"wrong place, wrong time"
i nodded my head
"should've told me, i'm a nurse after all"
"you have better things to do than look after me"
"is that so?"
he leaned his head against the doorway, smirking at me.
"i better get out of here" i smiled
"goodnight quinn"
"night, cass" he sighed

a/n: hey readers! (and i'm assuming homeland/quinn fans) i hope you enjoyed the first part of my fic. if you're familiar with any of my other fic, i want to put out there that this one in particular is much shorter than my others. in total, it will be 40 parts long. although, they (each part) are usually the size of this one (a little longer). i hope you like this story! i'm really happy with it and i'm happy that it'll be put out there! in terms of my posting schedule, i'll probably put one part out every mon,weds,fri. although, things might change. i hope you enjoy though! this was really great to write.
votes, comments, etc. are always beyond appreciated.
thank you!
xx