Dan Howell x Angela Request.

Requested by: 50shadesofPAHN

Third POV.

"Angela!" Dan, Angela's boyfriend, yells impatiently. "Hurry up, for Christ's sake."
She rolls her eyes as she puts the finishing touches to her outfit. Her and Dan are going out to dinner tonight, to a pretty nice place in fact. Dan said there was a surprise in store for Angela but wouldn't go into any more detail than that.
"I'm coming," Angela yells back. "Just hold on."
She rushes out of the bathroom and slips her shoes on before heading downstairs to where Dan is standing at the front door, his arms folded and his foot tapping impatiently. She notices that he didn't straighten his hair, leaving it to look all Hobbity, which is too cute.
He also has that annoyed look that's just adorable. But when he sees Angela's beautiful dress, makeup, and hair the scowl disappears and gets replaced with a cheeky grin.
"You look wonderful," He compliments her as his arms snake around her waist.
"Thanks," She replies, a slight blush tinting her cheeks. "You don't look too bad yourself, Howell."
"Thank you. Now let's go before they give our reserved table to someone else."
They head out the door and hail a cab. Angela glances at Dan once they're in the cab and realizes that she couldn't love another dude more than she does Dan. He's perfect, too perfect really. She loves his chocolate brown eyes, his curly (or straightened) hair, that lopsided dimple smile of his, and his huge obsession with Malteser's. She loves everything about him and he loves everything about her.
She thinks back to when her and Dan first met. They bumped into each other at Starbucks. They sat down had a coffee and a chat and then Dan asked if she'd like to have dinner (to which she said yes of course). At dinner they learned more about her and when Dan found out she was studying film he instantly fell in love with her. They started dating and have been for four years. Of course they've had ups and downs (every couple does) but they've always made up. Angela thinks of the time they once argued over Mario Kart and she laughs.
"What's so funny, my love?" Dan asks, looking over at Angela in the cab.
"Oh I was just remembering that time we had that argument when I beat you at Mario Kart." She replies as she grabs Dan's hand and they twine their fingers together. "Oh yeah," Dan says, laughing as well. "I still say you cheated on that game though."
"I did not!" Angela exclaims. "You're such a sore loser, Daniel."
Dan chuckles and leans over to kiss her cheek. Angela can't help but notice that Dan's other hand goes to his pocket and starts fiddling with something. He's been acting sort of odd lately. He's been more quiet than usual and just the other day he went out and stayed gone for a couple of hours. When he came back he had no shopping bags. Angela dismissed it all off with a shrug, figuring he was maybe visiting Phil or some other friends.
They soon arrive at the restaurant and they climb out of the cab. Angela waits while Dan pays the cabbie and then they take hands again and go inside the restaurant.
"I believe I have a reservation under Howell," Dan says as they go up to maître d's stand. The maître d' checks the book and then says, "Yes, follow me."
Angela and Dan follow him to a beautiful candlit table outside on the patio. It's gorgeous out here. Fairy lights are strung on the eaves up above and the tables have red tablecloths, candles, and white roses on them. There are a few other people sitting outside as well, but they are speaking quietly and enjoying their meals.
The maître d' sets Dan and Angela down at one of the tables and then places the menus in front of them. A friendly looking waiter comes over and asks, "What could I get you to drink while you ponder what you'd like to eat?"
"Wine?" Dan asks, raising a questioning eyebrow at Angela. She shrugs and nods her head.
"Red or white, sir?" The waiter asks.
"Uhm....white?" Dan says, biting his lip.
"Yes, sir." The waiter says, bowing. "Very good choice, sir."
Dan and Angela look at each other and begin laughing.
They look at the menu, not talking, until the waiter comes back.
"Here you are, sir, madam." He says as he sets two full glasses of white wine down in front of them. He also sets the bottle down near the edge of the table.
"Are you perhaps ready to order?" He asks, smiling politely. Dan fills his cheeks full of air and blows it out.
"There's just so much to choose from," Angela says, glancing back down at the menu. There are several appetizers, pasta dishes, steaks, and seafood that it's hard to choose.
"Might I reccomend my personal favorite?" The waiter asks.
"Go for it," Dan replies.
"The mushroom florintine?" He says, pointing at one of the pasta dishes. Angela and Dan both nod their heads and the waiter smiles before leaving to place the order.
"This is really nice, Dan, thank you." Angela thanks Dan quietly.
"You're welcome," Dan says, grinning. "I love taking you out."
They chat pleasantly for a few minutes and then the waiter comes back with their food. The food's delicious and the conversation is pleasant. Right near the end of the meal Dan says, "Angela?"
"Yes, Dan?" Angela asks, smiling as Dan begins to nervously fidgit.
"Um....I have something to ask you." Dan says and reaches for her hand, knocking the wine bottle to the patio floor with a crash.
"Oh shit!" Dan exclaims. "Shitshitshitshit."
He stands up when the waiter comes over to clean it up. Dan's face is extremely red and he's stuttering.
"I-I'm so so sorry," Dan begins apologizing.
"It's quite all right, sir." The waiter reassures him as he sweeps up the broken wine bottle. "Quite all right."
Dan nods his head and sits back down with a sigh. "I'm such a fucking idiot." Dan mutters to himself.
"Dan, you're not an idiot," Angela tells him as she grabs his shaking hand. "Anyone could've knocked it over, it was right on the edge of the table. Now, what was it that you wanted to ask me?"
"Er, let's take a walk in the garden for a couple of minutes, shall we?" Dan asks as he stands up and just about drags Angela over to the flower garden off to the side of the patio. Dan's flustered now and feels like everyone that was sitting in the patio was staring at him. Angela gently squeezes Dan's hand and smiles up at him as they walk on the pathway. The flower garden is beautiful. There are red, yellow, and white roses and numerous other pretty flowers. The trail leads to a gazebo that's empty and Dan and Angela step inside and sit down, enjoying the sound of a little water fountain that's off aways and the smell of the flowers.
"Soo, are you going to ask that question now, Dan?" Angela asks after a couple of minutes of no one talking.
"Uh, yeah." Dan says, looking nervous as his hand fiddles with his pocket again. "I--Angela, we've been together for four years and I've enjoyed every minute of it. You're everything I could ask for and I love everything about you."
Dan pulls a small, black velvet box out of his pocket and gets down on one knee in front of Angela. He opens the box to reveal a beautiful ring inside. She covers her mouth with her hands, tears coming to her eyes.
"Angela, I couldn't imagine going a day without you." Dan continues. "I want to be able to wake up beside you every morning, make pancakes with you, play Mario Kart with you, and love you until we are old and bitchy. Angela, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"
"Yes, Daniel James Howell, yes!" Angela shrieks as she flings her arms around Dan's neck and kisses him. Dan gives a wavery chuckle, tears in his eyes as well, and leans back so he can slide the ring onto Angela's finger.
"I love you, Dan." Angela tells him as she wipes his cheeks.
"I love you more," Dan replies as he wraps her in a tight embrace.