PJ X Candy (Reader Request).

Requested by: kwonyvri
A/N: Everyone needs a bit of Tyler Joseph playing the ukulele and crooning a love song in their life.

First Person POV.

"Candyyyyy!" PJ calls out, elongating my name. "Come hither."
I sigh as I get up, closing my laptop and Tumblr browsing. I had just found a particularly good piece of fanfic and as soon as I opened it PJ interrupted.
"Yes, PJ?" I ask once I get in the kitchen. I notice that he has a picnic basket opened on the counter and he is currently making sandwiches.
"Would you possibly like to go on a picnic?" PJ asks, grinning and looking like he can hardly contain his excitement. "In the woods next to a beautiful babbling brook?"
I laugh and then say, "It sounds like it would be loads of fun."
"Awesome! Go get dressed." PJ says, clapping his hands. I run to the bedroom where I trade my pajamas for a cute blouse and some shorts, completing the look with Converse. By the time I've finished dressing and putting a little bit of makeup on, PJ is done with the picnic basket.
"Let's go," PJ says, taking the basket in one hand and grabbing my hand with his other. The trip to the little place we're picnicking at isn't a quiet trip. We sing along to our favorite songs loudly with the windows rolled down, the wind blowing through our hair. I lean over and give PJ a kiss on his cheek, grinning like crazy.
We soon arrive at the little patch of woods PJ decided for our picnic and park the car.
"Can you do me a favor?" PJ asks, looking a little mischievous.
"What?" I ask narrowing my eyes.
"Can you wear this blindfold?" PJ asks, holding up one of my black scarves that went missing a couple of days ago. "Just for a few minutes so you don't see the surprise before I want you to."
"That's where my scarf went. You stole it!"
"I didn't steal it, just borrowed it without asking. Turn around so I can tie it on."
I do as he says and refrain from rolling my eyes. He helps me out of the car, placing the picnic basket in my one hand that isn't occupied with his hand. He wraps his other arm around my waist and begins leading me to his surprise.
After I stumble a several times and swear, PJ informs me that we have arrived at our destination a few minutes later. He takes the 'blindfold' off me, revealing to my eyes something that looks nearly impossible to achieve without lots of time and patience. Suspended in the air are tapestries creating a tent like canopy under the trees. Below the hanging tapestries are even more tapestries and blankets layered on the forest floor, complete with soft, fluffy pillows to sit comfortably on.
"Oh my God, Peej," I exclaim, grinning. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek, beaming. "How in the world did you create this?"
He presses his lips to my ear and whispers, "Let's just call it magic."
He leads me over to one of the pillows and takes the basket from me. He sits down as well and opens the top on the basket, revealing my favorite flower nestled on top of the other things in the basket. He takes the flower out, a smile on his face, and hands it to me. I grin and take it from him, murmuring a thank you while I sniff the flower. PJ then proceeds to take the other things out of the basket. He packed two sandwiches piled high with ingredients, a bag of crisps, a thermos mug (which he says is full of tea), and two cookies for dessert. We start eating and chatting pleasantly about what we're going to do for the rest of the day. Somewhere in those plans is to go visit Dan and Phil.
"Candy, do you mind if I play you a song?" PJ asks, reaching behind a pillow to pull out a ukulele.
"No, I don't mind." I reply, beaming. He strums the strings a few times and then gets started.
"Wise men say, only fools rush in," He sings. "But I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay, would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love with you."
When he finishes the song a couple of minutes later he sets his ukulele down and leans over to give me a kiss. He tells me he loves me and then says, "I've got one more surprise for you."
He reaches back into the basket and pulls a rectangular box out. He places it on both of his palms and holds it out to me, a smirk on his face. I smile and take the top off the box, revealing a beautiful silver chained necklace with one small diamond hanging at the end.
"Oh my gosh, Peej," I say as he takes the necklace out so he can put it around my neck. "It's beautiful. Thank you."
I turn around and he hooks the necklace around my neck, placing a kiss behind my ear before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against him.
"Thank you for everything, PJ." I tell him, feeling content.
"You're most welcome, my love." He replies.

The End.