PJ x Ash (Reader Request).

Requested by: HubDub1234

"Hi, I'm PJ," The tall, curly haired guy says, sticking his hand out for me to shake. "Or you can call me Peej. Whichever you prefer."
"I'm Ash," I reply, giving him a firm shake and then let his hand go. His hand is really smooth and soft. He's got beautiful green eyes, the type that would make a girl swoon. And I admit that I got a flutter in my stomach when I looked into those green orbs.
"So we're partners, eh?" PJ asks, sitting at the conference table where all of the auditions were just held. And THAT took forever. Having to listen to people cite off quotes from my script, over and over. Some sounded good, some were horrendous.
"Yeah, we are." I reply. After earning a degree in production and directing I've finally gotten the opportunity to make, direct, and produce my own film. With the help of this hot guy named PJ who is co-producing. He's got more experience under his belt. He's directed, produced, and written his own mini movies, including a series named Oscar's Hotel. I've also heard that he's a video blogger on YouTube, but I've yet to watch his videos.
"Now that we've got the introductions out of the way it's time to talk business," PJ says, smirking. "But I really want some coffee and the coffee here isn't that great so can we go to Starbucks?"
"Sure," I reply, grabbing my bag and jacket. "But you're paying."
I give him a smirk and a wink and he laughs.
"Of course I will," PJ replies, taking my jacket from me so he can place it around my shoulders.
"You're a rare and hard to find gentleman," I tell him.
"Hah, maybe." PJ replies, offering his arm for me to link with his. I link arms with him and we make our way out of the studio.
"You wanna go in my car? Save the cab fare?" PJ asks me once we're outside.
"Yeah, that's fine." He opens the passenger door for me and I half expect him to hook my seatbelt for me since he's been doing everything else.
I watch as he walks around the front of the car and gets in on the driver's side. He looks thoughtful so I ask him what he's thinking about, figuring that he's thinking about the production of my movie.
"I'm thinking about maybe taking you to dinner instead of to Starbucks," PJ replies, the corner of his mouth twitching. I cock an eyebrow, thinking that he's pretty bold.
"Just as friends, of course." He adds quickly. "Colleagues. Partners in crime."
"I get it, PJ." I say, laughing. "It's not a date. Dinner sounds nice."
He grins like a kid on Christmas morning. I roll my eyes and shake my head, wondering how I got stuck with a sweet goofball like him to help me with my film.

Two weeks later my movie is good but the set is so stressful. I knew it'd be stressful making a movie, but I didn't think it'd be this stressful. Some of the actors keep forgetting their lines (I don't know how, but it's annoying having to yell 'cut' every five minutes), props are mysteriously going missing, and we're having to share our part of the studio with somebody else. We start filming at six in the morning and have to stop at five because that's when the other guys come in to do their film.
I sit in my director's chair, rubbing my forehead. It's only noon and I'm ready to go home. I just want to curl up in bed with a good book and coffee. I look over at PJ who's busy making notes in his little notebook he carries around. I bite my lip, finding what he's doing right now totally attractive. Everything he does is attractive. That lip bite, his smirk, cocked eyebrows. I can't stop looking at those gorgeous hands and that hair that I just want to run my hands through while crushing my mouth to his. And I fantasize about doing things with him every time I look in those damn green eyes of his.
"Ash? Ash?" I hear PJ say suddenly. "Earth to Ash."
"What?" I say, feeling my cheeks redden.
"It's time for lunch," PJ says, laughing.
"Oh," I reply and stand up.
"What were you thinking about?" PJ asks me as he follows me to the break room.
"Just how stressful things are," I answer, not mentioning the fact I was thinking about him.
"You know, I can help you relieve your stress," PJ says, smirking. Geez, PJ, stop turning me on.
"And how would you do that exactly?" I ask, my breath hitching slightly.
"Dinner at my place and the rest is a secret," is his reply.
"Hmm...." I say, narrowing my eyes. I'm not going to agree too quickly, because I definitely don't want him to think I've got a thing for him, even when I do. I don't want to admit to him that I have some dorky crush on him and then he say that he doesn't see me like that and then our "professional" relationship be ruined.
"Please say yes?" PJ says after a few seconds of me not answering him.
"Yeah, I'll come to your place and have dinner and the rest of the night be some secret thing you've planned." I answer nonchalantly.
"Is--is that sarcasm?" PJ asks, narrowing his eyes and looking almost offended.
"No!" I say quickly. "That was a genuine answer, you dope. God, who wouldn't want to have dinner at your place with the way you look?"
Did I seriously just say that? Omfg, mental facepalm.
PJ grins, his cheeks turning slightly red.
"I-I don't know what to say," PJ mumbles, looking bashful.
"I think a thank you would probably be justifiable." I reply.
"Thank you," PJ says as the two of us sit down with our lunches at one of the tables in the break room.
"I brought a cookie for dessert," PJ says, pulling a chocolate chip cookie out of his lunch bag. "Wanna share?"
"Sure," I say, smiling as I unwrap my sandwich. We eat lunch, laughing and joking and sharing little facts about each other. Soon we go back on the stressful set where the actors literally forget their lines five more times.
Five o'clock soon rolls around and PJ squeezes me into a hug and kisses the top of my head before letting me go, telling me he'll pick me up at 6:30.
I soon arrive home and rush to the bathroom to take a quick shower. It seems like PJ was suggesting a date but I don't know. He would've said it was a date, wouldn't he?
God, who knows. But now comes the question of what I'm going to wear. Do I dress normal? Or do I dress like it's date? I think the best option is to just go ahead and dress like it's date. Though I'll feel like a complete fool if he's dressed in some graphic tee.
Twenty minutes later my hair is pulled up in a messy but still date appropriate bun (if you have short hair disregard this) and I've got a little bit of eye shadow on with wing tipped eyeliner. Tinted lip gloss covers my lips and makes them shiny.
I decide to put on a semi-fancy blouse and some black skinny jeans with flats. It's not too fancy, but not too casual either. I hear a knock on my door and I go to answer it, looking out of the peephole first. PJ's standing there, a bouquet of brightly colored flowers in hand. So maybe this is a date after all.
I open the door, a grin spreading across my face.
"You look amazing," PJ compliments me, looking me up and down. I blush and check him out as well. He's wearing a white button up dress shirt, suspenders, and black skinny jeans.
"You look amazing too," I say, feeling my body get warmer when I look in his eyes.
"These are for you," PJ says and holds out the flowers.
"They're beautiful, thank you." I say, taking them from him. "Do you want to come in while I put these in some water?"
"Sure," PJ replies and steps through the threshold. He stands in my little living room while I head to the kitchen to find a vase to put the flowers in. I look everywhere for a vase but I can't find one so I finally just settle for a glass.
"You ready to go?" I ask PJ when I come out of the kitchen.
"Yeah," He replies as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and we leave my apartment.
The ride to his apartment is kind of quiet and I think it's because we're both nervous. His long fingers are tapping a random tune on the steering wheel, making me distracted. I feel cramps and butterflies in my stomach, which makes me squirm in my seat.
"You okay, Ash?" PJ asks me, unfortunately noticing my squirming. Why is it people always notice the things you don't want them to, but when you do something you want them to see they do nothing and say nothing?
"Y-yeah," I answer.
"Sure?" PJ's eyes look worried, which makes me feel embarrassed. He thinks something is wrong when the only thing that's wrong is me having stupid stomach butterflies and cramps.
"I'm sure," I answer. A few minutes later we arrive at his apartment and get out. He wraps his arm around my waist this time, making the butterflies worse and my chest tighten.
"We're having dinner on the rooftop," PJ tells me suddenly.
"Really?" I ask, surprised.
"Yeah, so we've got to stop in my apartment so I can get the food and then we can go on up," PJ explains as we go up the stairs. We reach his apartment on the fourth floor and then I wait in his cozy living room while he gets the food. A couple of minutes later after listening to the refrigerator open and close a few times and the cabinets do the same thing, PJ comes out with a picnic basket balanced in his hand. He grabs a lighter off of the side table next to the sofa and then tells me to follow him. After a few more flights of stairs we finally reach the rooftop, revealing unlit candles and a couple of blankets and pillows waiting for us.
"I'll light the candles," I tell PJ. "While you set the food up."
It's a little breezy up here so it's hard to light the candles. By the time I'm done lighting all of them, PJ has the food waiting for us. I sit down close beside him on the blanket and fold my legs.
"So what's for dinner, Mr. Liguori?" I ask him.
"Delicious Cobb sandwiches," PJ replies, pulling the sandwiches out of the basket. "And dessert is a secret."
"A tasty secret?" I ask, smirking.
"Very tasty," PJ says and then winks. I smile and he bites his lip. I have to refrain from crushing my mouth to his, like I've been wanting to do all week. We start eating, gazing out over the rooftop while we talk.
"I don't know what I'm going to do about those actors that keep forgetting their lines," I tell PJ suddenly.
"Shh," PJ shushes me and places his finger against my lips. "Let's not talk about work."
"Okay," I reply, feeling my cheeks redden. He then changes the subject to something more pleasant and soon it's time for dessert.
"Close your eyes," PJ says, looking mischievous. I close my eyes a little apprehensively. I hear him open a couple of containers.
"Okay, my love, open your eyes." PJ says, surprising me when he calls me 'my love'. I open my eyes and see him holding a chocolate covered strawberry in front of me. He moves the strawberry closer to my lips and smiles.
"Open up," PJ says. "Take a bite."
I do as he says and 'mm' in approval. I've never tasted a strawberry that tastes so good, but maybe it's just because PJ's feeding me it.
"Good surprise, wasn't it?" PJ asks as he dips the same strawberry back in the chocolate and eats it. In the process of putting the strawberry in his mouth he got a bit of chocolate on his lip and he didn't lick it off. I swear he did it intentionally.
He just keeps talking about how he bought the strawberries at a local organic food market, completely oblivious to the fact that he has chocolate on his bottom lip.
"PJ?" I say, not being able to stand seeing the chocolate on his lip any longer. It makes me want to kiss him more.
"Yeah?" He asks, raising his eyebrows. Instead of saying anything I quickly kiss him. He doesn't kiss back at first, but his surprise fades and he kisses back fervently.
I pull away, breathing heavily.
"You-you had chocolate on your lip," I say, feeling light headed.
"Well, you do now too," PJ replies and plants his lips on mine. I feel his tongue flick out and lick my bottom lip, making me wiggle closer to him, almost in his lap. I twine my fingers through his curly hair while his hands rub up and down my sides.
"You know," PJ says, breaking away and resting his forehead against mine. "When I first laid eyes on you I thought you were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I instantly developed feelings for you and all I wanted to do was kiss you. Every time I got around you I couldn't stop staring at you."
"Me too," I laugh, resting my hand on his cheek. "I was mesmerized by your movements."
He kisses me again, little light kisses. And then he moves his mouth across my cheek and jawbone, planting butterfly kisses everywhere. His mouth soon moves down to my neck and he starts giving me hot, open mouth kisses.
"Peej?" I say, hardly refraining from jumping on top of him.
"Yeah, Ash?" He asks in between kisses.
"Was this what you meant when you said the rest of the night would be a secret?" I ask. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into his lap before answering.
"Maybe," PJ replies, smirking. "Maybe not."
Before I can say anything he's started kissing me again.
And we continue to kiss long into the night on that rooftop, the moon and stars shining bright above us.

A/N: I hope you like the outfit I created on Polyvore. If not: I'm sorry! And if you do like it: Yay! :)