Late Night Coffee Chat (Reader Request).

Requested by: LittleFluffyAlpaca

You glance at the clock and see that there's only five minutes until closing time, and boy are you glad. The job you have at the little café isn't a stressful one, but you'll just be glad to get home and watch some YouTube or television. You hear the bell above the door ring and you slump, knowing who that person is who just came through that door. Well, you don't know his name, but you just know that he comes in every other night with his laptop and orders a coffee and sits in the café for about an hour. And your boss doesn't allow anyone to close the café until every customer has been served and leaves happily, even if it is an hour after closing time. You'd shoo him out of the café so you could leave if it wasn't for the fact that he's so cute.
You head to the counter to take his coffee order (which is always the same) since you're the only one in the café tonight. Everybody left and went home or out to dinner fifteen minutes ago, leaving you to close up shop by yourself.
"Hi, I'd like to get a--" The guys begins but you interrupt what he was saying.
"One coffee with two sugars and one dollop of creamer and one sugar cookie to nibble on and/or possibly dip into your coffee." You finish for him.
"You've seen me dip my cookie into my coffee, huh?" He asks, smiling at you with narrowed eyes. "And you remembered my order."
"Probably because you come in here six out of seven days and order the same thing," You reply as you go to fix his coffee.
"Well, yes I suppose that would be a good idea as to why you know my order as well as I do myself."
You finish stirring the guy's steaming mug of coffee and pass it to him before getting a sugar cookie out of the little glass display case next to the counter.
"These are a little stale," You tell him about the cookies as you ring up his total.
"It's okay," He replies with a smile that lights up those pretty green eyes of his. "That's why I dip them in my coffee. Thank you, by the way."
"You're welcome," You say, smiling at him. He goes over to a little table and sits and you go back to cleaning down the coffee equipment and counting the money in the drawer. Of course, it's very hard for you to concentrate on counting the money because you keep looking at the back of the guy's curly head and you start day dreaming about him. You snap yourself out of it and go back to counting the money, shaking your head at yourself.
Ten minutes later, after five tries at counting the money, you're done. You stare at the guy's head again with your eyes narrowed. You decide to go over to his table and sit down, get to know him more since you don't have the heart to kick him out of the café. You reach his table and pull the chair out that's in front of him. He glances at you while you sit down in the chair.
"Mind if I sit here?" You ask him, folding your arms on the table.
"Not at all," He replies with a smile.
"So," You begin as you watch him type on his laptop and then reach over and pick his coffee cup up so he can take a sip.
"So?" He asks.
"What's your name?"
"PJ Liguori, but you can call me Peej. What's yours?"
"(Y/n)."
"Well, it's nice to meet you, (Y/n). Sorry I make you stay open so late. To be truthful I like how quiet it is here and having your company, even if you are normally behind the counter."
Your cheeks heat and you smile.
"To be truthful, even though I'd really like to go home I enjoy your company too." You tell him. "I actually look forward to seeing you come in here every night....and I get disappointed when you don't."
He smirks and says, "And I get disappointed when you're not working."
"Tell me more about yourself, PJ."
"Well I'm a YouTuber, a short film maker, and a musician. And I'd like to be the owner of your phone number so I could call or text you sometime."
"Smooth, PJ, very smooth." You reply with a grin. "Do you have a pen and paper?"
"Hold on," He digs around in his messenger bag and comes up with a pen and an old receipt. You write your number down and then pass the pen and receipt back to him.
"Would you like to go on a date tomorrow?" You ask him. "Seeing as how I'm off and we both get disappointed when we don't see each other."
"I'd love to," He replies, closing his laptop.
"Awesome! I'll text you my address later."
"You mean you're not going to come pick me up at my house?" He asks, feigning disappointment.
"Sorry, my bike only fits one person and my chauffer quit two weeks ago. I miss that genuine gold limousine he used to drive me in...." You say, faking wistfulness.
"Damn, I always wanted to ride in a limousine." PJ replies. "Why'd he quit?"
"Not a enough pay or some such nonsense," You reply, waving your hand dismissively.
"Well, it's getting late and I've made you stay 'open' longer that necessary." PJ says as he puts his laptop back in his bag. "I'll see you tomorrow then, (Y/n). I'm glad we're finally going to see more of each other outside of the café."
"Me too, Peej." You reply as you stand up. He stands up too and then wraps you in a hug that you don't want to end. PJ gives you a squeeze and then kisses your cheek before following you out the door. You make sure it's locked tight and then you and PJ say goodbye before going your own way. You smile, thinking about tomorrow, while peddling home.

*The Next Afternoon*

You could hardly sleep at all last night because of how excited you were about seeing PJ tonight. And the two of you also texted until about two in the morning so that's another reason why.
It's a couple of minutes after the time you and PJ agreed to him coming over and you're starting to get the sinking feeling that maybe he isn't coming. You spent all day cleaning your apartment and getting everything ready for when he comes, and you're hoping it all wasn't for naught. There's a knock at your door and you jump up from where you were seated and run to the door. You look through the peephole and see PJ standing there with his messenger bag slung over his arm. He's also looking incredibly adorable. You smile and bite your lip before unlocking the door and yanking it open.
"Peej!" You say, throwing your arms wide.
"(Y/n)!" He replies, wrapping you tightly in a hug, lifting you off your feet slightly. He sets you down and then kisses you on your forehead.
"So what will our date night entail?" PJ asks as you take his messenger bag from him and hang it up on the coat rack.
"Come look," You say as you grab his hand and pull him towards the living room. When he sees the living room his eyes widen slightly in surprise.
"A blanket fort with fairies lights, tons of pillows and blankets, and a few movies to choose from." You say, grinning. "Plus tons of junk food to choose from too."
"This seems like a perfect date night to me," PJ says, grinning down at you.
"Want to help me bring in the snacks?" You ask him, batting your eyelashes as you nudge him gently with your elbow.
"Sure," He says and smirks.
A couple of hours later after munching on popcorn, gummies, and a lot of other unhealthy food, you and PJ have finished watching the movie he picked out. You really think that the two of you didn't pay any attention to the movie because of how close you were sitting next to each other. He had his arms wrapped around you and you were snuggled deeply into his side. While the end credits roll by you stretch, PJ never removing his arms from around you.
"(Y/n)?" He whispers, making you look up at him. You realize that your face and his face are mere centimeters apart and you blush slightly.
"Yeah, PJ?" You ask, looking into those mesmerizing green orbs of his. Instead of answering he just closes the distance between your faces and gently places his lips on yours. You kiss him back, reaching up and twining your fingers through his soft curly hair. After a few seconds of heated kissing, PJ removes his mouth from yours and grins.
"Please tell me that there will be a lot more where all of this came from," He says, sounding a little breathless.
"There will be a lot more where all of this came from," You say, grinning as you lean back in for another kiss.