Chris Kendall x reader.

Requested by: ChicaTheChicken2337

Second Person POV.

You put the finishing touches to your outfit and then grab your phone before heading out the door and to the bus stop. Today you're supposed to meet your best friend Chris Kendall at the amusement park.
You soon arrive at the park and stop at the entrance, looking for Chris. He told you not to be late and then HE is the one being late. Suddenly you feel a pair of hands cover your eyes and you squeak in surprise. You jerk away from whoever it was and turn around to see Chris scowling.
"You were supposed to wait for me to say 'guess who'," he pouts.
"Sorry, but what was I supposed to do?" You ask, linking arms with him.
"Wait for me to say 'guess who'," Chris replies as you take your all day passes and show them to the guy that stands there making sure no one sneaks in.
"Which ride should we try out first?" You ask Chris, pausing to look around at all the amusements.
"Let's save the biggest ride for last," he replies. Every amusement park has that one ride that's incredibly tall and makes you have an adrenaline rush while simultaneously making you want to scream and puke everywhere.
"So do you want to maybe go on the bumper cars?" You ask, pointing over to the area where there are bumper cars waiting to be riden. Chris agrees also, saying that he is going to kick your ass. You roll your eyes, knowing that Chris is actually going to lose since you're so good at bumper cars.
But after fifteen minutes of laughing and chasing each other in the cars, it turns out that both of you actually lose because the power stops on this particular ride.
"Sorry, guys." the man who runs this ride says. "There's a shortage in the wiring. Maybe the ride will be ready later today before you leave."
Chris seems a little pissed about the bumper cars ending before everyone finished, but there is nothing anyone but the repair technicians can do.
"Let's get some cotton candy," you say, grabbing his hand and leading him over to the line where the cotton candy stand is. The line is surprisingly short so you don't have to stand there for too long. Chris would have started complaining and left the line if it was.
He gets a pink cotton candy and you get a blue one. Yours tastes like blueberries and Chris's is supposed to taste like cherries, but he says it tastes like strawberries.
The two of you sit down on a freshly vacated bench to eat your cotton candy and contemplate where to go next.
"Maybe it's actually watermelon," Chris says, slapping his mouth while frowning.
"Oh shut up about the cotton candy," You say laughing as you push his shoulder roughly. He sticks his tongue out at you and you flick at it, causing him to jerk his head away.
"Let's go to the haunted rollercoaster," Chris says suddenly, standing up and pitching his almost completely eaten cotton candy in the trash can nearby.
The two of you head to the rather long line at the haunted roller coaster.
"Ugh, this line is forever!" Chris whines.
"But it will be worth the wait," you reply, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. Finally after fifteen minutes you reach the main entrance of the ride. You and Chris get strapped into one of the cars and soon the ride starts.

Suddenly all the lights that were on go off and everyone is left in darkness. The rollercoaster jerks to a start and slowly starts moving. All you can hear in the darkness is people whispering and the loud clicking of the rollercoaster cars being pulled along. A clammy hand grabs ahold to yours and you refrain from screaming, soon realizing that it's only Chris's hand.

You're vaguely aware that the rollercoaster is going up hill. It's still pitch black and it dawns on you that the whispering you thought was the other riders is actually not them at all. The whispering is everywhere in the air, some of it unintelligble and some of it too scary to repeat. Gradually the whispering gets louder as the rollercoaster goes further up the hill.

Soon you feel the rollercoaster level out, the whisperings a loud hissing noise now, and then everything stops. No whispering, no moving, nothing. The people behind you start wondering out loud what's going on, if maybe the rollercoaster is stuck.

But suddenly something screams loudly, causing you to jump and the hairs on the back of your neck raise. You squeeze Chris's hand tightly and then the rollercoaster suddenly takes off at a horrible speed you didn't think was possible from a stand still point. Other people on the ride are screaming as well, including you and Chris. A cobweb strings itself across your face and you feel something start crawling on your cheek. You shriek even louder and slap at your cheek while the rollercoaster goes around a hairpin turn, causing your head to jerk to the side. Insane yelling joins the screaming and your cover your ears, wanting this ride to be over with already.

Finally, after what seems like forever, the ride comes to a stop, the screaming and yelling fading off. The lights slowly come back on and you look over at Chris to see that he's as wide eyed and scared looking as you feel. The safety things that kept you strapped in lift and then there's an attendant standing there, waiting to help you out.

"I'm not getting back on that ride ever again," You state to Chris as the pair of you make your way back outside.

"It wasn't what I was expecting," Chris says, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. After you and him sit down and recover from the previous ride, you go off to find another ride that's not so psychotic. After a few more rides you stop to get some hot dogs and slurpies from a nearby food van. While waiting for your food to settle before you go on the big roller coaster you and Chris go to one of those little stands where you pitch rings onto spikes in order to win a stuffed animal. You're looking to get the big stuff lion. You make all four rings, Chris only getting two, so you win the stuffed lion. Finally you go on the big ride a few minutes later, wondering as soon as your strapped in if maybe it was a mistake to eat before getting on this ride. There are two loops in a row, plus you ride upside down for a few seconds. Thankfully when the ride ends you don't throw up like the other two people behind you do. You and Chris think that the ride was so fun that you go on it four more times before it's time to leave since the park is closing in ten minutes.

"I had lots of fun today, Chris." You say, smiling up at him.

"Me too," Chris replies, stepping closer to you. "Mind if I, uh, steal a kiss?"

"Only if you let me steal one back," You answer with a smirk as you reach up on your tiptoes to give Chris a kiss.

 A/N: I'm so sorry that it took me forever to write this one shot for you! I hope you liked it.