You're Pregnant (Part One).

Your hands shake as you stare at the pregnancy test clutched in your fingers. You're pregnant. Your period was a week late, but you didn't say anything to PJ about it. He's been busy with videos and directing a new YouTube mini series, so you didn't want to bother him with anything. Right now PJ is out, getting a few groceries and something for dinner. You feel sick to the stomach and you don't know whether it's from the pregnancy or if it's your nerves. Probably a mix of both. You don't know what to do and you are so scared that PJ will leave you. You aren't married yet, not even engaged, so you don't know how  PJ will react. The two of you have been together for around three years and you haven't really discussed the topic of pregnancy much. You kind of just figured that when the time came and you and PJ got married and had been married for a while that you would start talking about getting pregnant then. You think back to how you and PJ have always been so careful, making sure to use condoms. Around a month ago you and PJ were coming home from dinner and a movie. It was around one of those times when PJ seems extra busy with YouTube but had somehow found a day to take you on a date. Things were really getting hot between the two of you since it had been at least two weeks since you guys had done anything. You made it home and things pretty much got even hotter from there. PJ forgot to use a condom. The pull and pray method wasn't used. And here you are now, period a week late and a positive pregnancy test.

You stare at the test again and a wave of nausea rolls through your stomach. You lift the toilet lid just in time before retching. Nothing comes up since you haven't eaten a lot today and the nausea doesn't subside much to your disappointment. You hear the front door open and PJ cheerfully announces that he's home. Any other time you would be excited, but you're actually dreading going in there to see him. You close the toilet lid and hide the pregnancy test in the cabinet under the sink. You wash your hands and splash your face with cold water before heading out greet PJ. He's got a white plastic bag from your favorite restaurant sitting on the kitchen table and he's currently putting groceries away. Your stomach gurgles at the smell of food and you swallow, trying to keep from running back to the bathroom. This time you think that something will probably come up, even if it's nothing but foamy bile. PJ glances over his shoulder at your and smiles, not noticing that nothing is amiss with you. "Hey, sweetpea." He says as he puts a box of cereal in the cabinet. "I got your favorite for dinner."

"Thanks," You reply, trying to sound normal. But you've failed to sound okay and PJ turns around to give you a concerned look. He asks if you're okay and you nod your head, giving a feeble smile. He doesn't look convinced, but turns back to finish the rest of the groceries. You get something for the both of you to drink out of the refrigerator and some utensils and sit down at the table. You know you aren't going to be able to eat anything but you might as well make an attempt at it. You open the Styrofoam container and your stomach churns even more at the sight and smell of the food. You feel like crying and your bottom lip trembles. PJ sits down across from you and begins to dig into his food. He's clearly starving after his long day and it makes you feel even more terrible. You've been curled up in the bed all day when you said that you were going to clean. You look down at your hands that are clasped in your lap. You can feel them trembling and your stomach gurgles again. "Aren't you hungry?" PJ asks, frowning. "Normally you've finished before I have." You shrug and tell him that your stomach feels a little queasy. 'a little' is really an understatement. You feel VERY queasy. PJ sets his fork down and studies your face with his worried eyes. "What's wrong?" he asks. You shake your head and PJ picks up his food before standing and telling you to follow him to the bedroom. He sits down on his side of the bed and pats your side of the bed, indicating he wants you to sit down beside him. You go around the bed and lay down on your side, facing PJ. "Tell me what's wrong," PJ says, stirring his food around with his fork. You hesitate, trying to think up a good way to tell him about being pregnant. "Do you remember how about a month ago we had sex without a condom?" You ask softly. PJ nods his head, his eyes growing ever so wide. "Well, I haven't had a period for a week. I took a pregnancy test today....and it was positive. It's in the cabinet under the sink."

Your lip trembles and you close your eyes, not wanting to see the look on PJ's face. Tears well up and you hear PJ shift and then his arm is wrapping around your waist and pulling you against him. His lips press against your forehead and the tears spill out of your eyes. The nausea is worse than it's been all day and you really think you can't stand it anymore. You just want some sort of relief from it. PJ wipes the tears off your cheek and places his hand under your chin, lifting your face up. "(Y/n)," PJ says quietly. "Look at me." You open your eyes and see him smiling. You frown and ask, "You're not upset? You still want to be with me?"

Now it's PJ's turn to frown. "What kind of horrible person would I be if I broke up with you and left you to raise our child on your own?"

Your heart flutters at the words 'our child'. You really didn't expect him to react this way. You smile and slowly sit up to wrap him in a hug. "I thought you were going to be angry." You tell him. He tells you you're silly and you give a shaky laugh, more tears streaming down your face. You feel relieved and happier now.