Scars

So yeah I tend to write about situations like this so don't hate.
Warning: talks of self harm and might be triggering.
--------------------------

Asami looked at Bolin. The two shared a look unsure what to do. Mako looked at them from across the room. Korra was sound asleep on the couch, snoring slightly.

Asami decided to make a move. She stood up and quietly walked over to the sleeping teen. She reached a careful hand out and took Korra's sleeve in her fingers. As she took Korra's wrist in her hand, she watched her for any sign of waking. The snoring continued.

Everyone was on edge. Mako and Bolin were now next to Asami watching closely, holding their breath. The teen slowly slipped the other girl's wrist over and started to slowly slide the sleeve up. She at oped every few seconds to make sure Korra wouldn't wake up.

She pulled the sleeve up to the middle of her arm. The three stared in horror. A few scars were seen. Not many, just a few but they were still there.

Asami felt her stomach twist. What?? When?? WHY??. She looked down at the avatar who was still peacefully asleep.

Mako suddenly stood up and walked away. Bolin and Asami looked at eachother before going after him.

They walked into another room, closing the door.

"What the hell was that??", Mako growled.

"She- she- SHE CUTS HERSELF!!".

Asami shushed him, covering his mouth. Walking out of the room she made sure that Korra was still asleep. She was. Asami turned and quietly walked back to the room. She sighed and closed the door.

She rested her head on the wood.

"How did I not know??", she asked herself.

"Asami", Bolin whispered.

Asami felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning she saw Bolin standing there, a worried look on his face.

"It wasn't your fault. No of us knew. I guess Korra's a good actress and hides stuff well. But let's not jump to conclusions. They are scars, not cuts".

"So??", Mako whispered.

Bolin looked at his brother.

"So maybe she doesn't do it anymore. Maybe that was a long time ago and she chose to forget about it and not tell us".

"I suppose you're right", Asami said.
"I just can't believe I saw that. My own girlfriend has scars from spirits knows what and I didn't see it until now".

"Well", Bolin said. "When she wakes up we'll talk to about it. She may be angry with us but we have a right to know".

Asami and Mako nodded. The teens walked out of the room with a weight on their hearts. They walked back into the living room. They sat back down. Korra suddenly stirred. She woke up, groaning.

"I hate daylight", she groaned.

"Daylight can go jump off a bridge".

Asami looked at Bolin confused. What the heck??.

Korra sat up and looked around.

"Oh hey guys", she smiled. "Didn't think you'd be here still".

Korra looked at Asami. "Now THAT is at sight for sore eyes".

Asami smiled. Korra scooted over and laid her head on Asami's shoulder. Asami could still see the scars. Korra looked down. The teens could see a split second of panic. The teen smiled at her friends and slid her sleeve back down.