How do I know you love me? Part 11

Let me know what you guys think :)

In time Korra was able to go back to work. Asami made sure that she took a few days off to get back her strength. Korra had been weakened, tired, and sorta depressed for days, not wanting to get out of bed.

Asami and Mai did their best to get her up and moving. Mai behaved and did things around the house for her mom, although Korra didn't want her to.

Asami took care of her, staying nearby most the time. She only left if she had a VERY important thing to do that couldn't be missed. When she was gone, the others were around.

They laughed and bothered Korra, yet made sure, she was safe and sound at all times. Asami had threatened them, that if anything were to happen to Korra or while they were watching them, there would be hell to pay for.

But finally, Korra was told she was able to get back to work. She was so happy, she said she might pop.

"I'm so excited!!".

Asami smiled. She kept her eyes on the road.

"Calm down, Korra", she said. "I know you're excited, but please. I don't want you to hurt youself". We'll be there soon".

"I'm just so happy", Korra said smiling. "I've been waiting to get back to work".

Korra fiddled with her lace dress, looking out the window. They stopped at a red light. Korra turned her head. She saw Asami looking at her.

"Um".

Korra stared for a moment.

"Yes??".

Asami shook her head. "It's nothing".

Asami looked out up at the traffic light. The light turned green and they kept on. Korra looked back at Mai who was sitting in her car seat in the back.

Korra stared at Asami for the whole way there. The car was silent the rest of the way. When Asami pulled up to the parking lot. Parking, she looked at Korra, who was still staring at her.

"What??", she asked.

"What's wrong??", Korra asked.

Asami sighed. "I just keep thinking about what happened", she said. "All these years I've done nothing but put you two after my job. I've belittled you. I've ignored you. Verbally abused you and just drove you away".

Asami held the steering wheel, tightly in her hands, her eyes glued to it.

"If I had lost you that day, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for all I've done. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I'd lose it".

Korra unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Get out of the car so I can hug you properly" she said.

Asami unbuckled her seatbelt, Mai doing the same. The three got out of the expensive car. Korra walked to the other side of the car and up to Asami. Asami wrapped her arms around Korra, hugging her.

"I'm sorry", she whispered. "I'm so sorry".

Korra smiled. "I know".

Asami sniffled. Tears pricked her eyes, but she blinked them back. Pulling away, Asami looked at Korra.

"Why did you stay with me??".

Korra smiled. "I'm know you. I knew you didn't realize how you were acting. I knew you weren't like that. I knew the real Asami wouldn't say that stuff. Plus, I knew you were drowning in work. I get it. Your work was important. You're important in the business world".