I'll never leave you

I wrote this as a kind of awareness for mental health issues and being in a relationship with someone with depression. May be triggering because self harm and all things that you may or may not think of and do because of depression. So you have been warned. Enjoy :)

Korra woke up that morning with dread for the day ahead of her. She laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling, wanting nothing more than to just disappear.

Why?? Why was she still here?? Still breathing?? She'll just probably find another way to unintentionally fuck up the world and nearly kill all her loved ones again.

A sudden movement made her turn her head. She saw her girlfriend, Asami Sato, laying beside her, fast asleep. Korra, for a few seconds, smiled for real. Asami had that affect on her. Asami made even her worst mornings better, even if for a little while.

Korra laid there in bed, not wanting to get up. She thought about all the things she'd have to do that day. Be around people and put on a mask that no one would be able to know she was wearing.

She didn't know when she had started crying. The salty tears stained her pillow. Korra sniffled. She pulled up the blanket and turned around so her back was facing Asami. She silently let herself be weak for that moment, just to let it out before she had to be strong for the rest of the day.

Korra sobbed quietly into her pillow, the pillow muffling any sound. She clutched the pillow in her fist, her sobs wracking her body.

She suddenly felt an arm slip around her waist. A gentle kiss was planted on her temple.

"Korra."

Korra was silent, not moving. She cleared her throat, wiping her tears away.

"Korra. Look at me, please."

She could hear the worry and sorrow in her soft voice. Korra was embarrassed that Asami had seen her cry. Again. She sniffled.

Asami must be sick of it.

She felt the bed shift. Asami leaned over her, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Korra. Please, look at me."

Korra sighed and sat up. She wiped her face, willing her tears to stop. She looked at Asami. Asami was looking at her with as much sorrow and worry as her voice held.

Korra grinned. "Hey, Sami."

Asami smiled a little. She leaned over and kissed her forehead, cupping her cheek.

"Good morning, beautiful. Sleep well??."

Korra looked away and shrugged. She didn't say anything. Asami kissed her cheek.

"Let's go have some breakfast. What do you want to eat??."

Korra yawned, covering her mouth. She sighed and shrugged. She wasn't hungry.
She almost never was anymore.

"Not hungry." She mumbled.

"Well you gotta eat something." Asami said. "How about some pancakes and bacon and French toast? We haven't had some in a while. I'll even fry some ham just how you like it"

Korra knew Asam didn't care really care if she ate or not. Asami was only trying to make her happy. She didn't really care about how she felt. She just didn't want to see Korra all mopey and down in the dumps.

Korra shrugged, not really caring.

"I'll go brush my teeth." Asami said. "Then I'll go make breakfast. You can go brush your teeth after I'm done brushing mine."