How do I know you love me? Part 4

Let me know what you guys think :) what do you think of Asami so far??

Asami sighed. She put down the contraption in her hands. She placed her hands on her hips. She had been working in this thing for hours.

In a little bit, she had to go inside to go sign some paperwork for a project in her company. She had to look over some papers to approve them and sign them. Asami didn't even know what time it was. All she knew was that this thing was not gunna be done today.

Suddenly she heard a light knock. She turned her head, looking at the doorway of her workshop. She saw Korra standing there. The woman looked a bit hesitant and nervous. But she smiled at Asami.

"Hey", Asami said, smiling.

Korra took a step into the workshop. Asami noticed that Korra was holding a cup.

"What's that??", she asked.

Korra raised an eyebrow. She then looked down at the cup in her hands. Realization crossed her face.

"Oh. Right".

Korra walked up to her.

"Tea. For you".

Asami looked surprised. Korra brought her tea?. He sweet of her to think of Asami.

Korra handed her the cup. It was warm. Asami took a sip. It tasted great.

"It's amazing. Who made it??".

Korra smiled shyly. "Me".

Asami's smile widened.

"Well thank you. You didn't have to go through all that trouble though".

Korra shrugged. "It's not trouble at all, really. I just didn't want you to get dehydrated in here".

Korra looked at Asami's work space.

"I can see you're busy", she said, taking a step back.

"I'd better leave before I break something".

Korra turned around and walked to the door. Asami thought she'd take the chance now.

"Um Korra??".

Korra stopped. She looked back.

"Yeah??".

Asami stood up. She walked up to Korra.

"Actually, I was thinking that I'd take a break".

Korra's eyes widened. She stared at Asami for a moment.

"You??. Take a break?".

Asami nodded. "Yeah. We can hang out in the kitchen together and just talk".

Asami motioned her head. Korra smiled. She and Asami walked out of the workshop. They headed inside and to the kitchen. The women walked into the kitchen. Korra walked over to the counter top, picking a mug. She turned around, leaning on the edge.

"So", she said. "What do you wanna talk about??".

Korra took a sip from her drink. Asami leaned against the wall.

"How was your day??".

Suddenly Korra jerked foward, she seemed to have choked on the drink. She started coughing. Asami hurried over to her. She placed a hand on her back.

"Are you okay??".

Korra nodded and kept coughing. She put her drink down and placed her hands on her knees, bending as she coughed. Asami watched, worry on her face. After a minute or two, Korra stood up straight. She nodded, her hand on her chest.

"I'm good", she said, her voice cracking.

"Are you sure??", Asami said. "What's wrong??".

Korra looked at her, confusion in her face.

"Since when you do ask me how I am??".

Asami was taken back. What kind of question was that??. She just wanted to know how........ oh.....

Asami finally understood what she was getting at. Since did Asami ask her anything??. Since when did Asami ever talk to her??. Asami felt bad. Korra had been so use to them not speaking that she was questioning Asami when Asami finally asked her something.

"I just....... I've noticed that I'm always in my office and we don't really talk and...... I thought I'd give a little bit of my time to talk with you for a change".

Korra's face softened. "Oh".

Korra was unsure what to do next. This was new to her. Asami talking to her and not yelling or snapping at her.

But that didn't mean Asami wouldn't snap at her. Korra better be careful what she said to Asami. She didn't want to make the woman upset and go back to her office till spirits knows when.

Korra cleared her throat. She exhaled.

"I'm okay now".

There was an awkward silence. Korra fiddled with her hands, obviously embarrassed and unsure what to say. Asami smiled lightly.

"So, Korra".

Korra looked at Asami.

"How have you been lately??".

Korra shrugged. "Okay I guess".

Asami raised an eyebrow.

"Just okay??. What's up??".

Korra smiled and shook her head.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Mai is great".

Asami looked around.

"Where is she anyway??", she asked.

"She's taking a nap", Korra said.

"Oh okay".

Korra's eyes shifted around the room. Asami watched her.

"You sure you're okay??", Asami asked. "You can always tell me what's on your mind. I'd love to help if there's something bothering you".

"I would", Korra thought. "If you weren't the problem".

"I'm fine", she said. "Really. I am".

Asami could tell she was lying. Korra wouldn't look her in eyes when she said that. She'd have to wait til Korra told her.

"Alright", Asami said in defeat. "I should probably get back to work".

Asami heard Korra grumble something under her breath.

"Huh??".

Korra looked up. She pulled on a fake smile.

"Nothing".

Asami nodded. She walked up to Korra. She kissed her cheek. Korra didn't react. Asami backed up.

She decided to leave her be. Turning around, Asami walked out of the kitchen.

She stopped out in the hall, out of Korra's line of sight. Asami heard a sigh coming from Korra. Asami peeked into the room, careful not to let Korra see her.

She saw Korra leaning against the wall. Korra clearly looked upset. Korra slid down the wall until she was sitting. Leaning her head back against the wall, Korra sighed heavily.

Korra shook her head.

"I'm not fine", she said quietly. "Not fine at all".

Asami back up. She stood there for a moment. She needed to find out what's wrong. Turning around, Asami walked down the hall. But that could wait.

She had work to do.

So yup. What do think of Korra so far??. What do you think of Asami so far?? What do you think will happen in the future?? :)