How do I know you love me? Part 2

Let me know what cha think :)

-the next night-

Korra sighed, closing the door. She shut it, leaning her back on it. She rested her head on the door, closing her eyes. She was exhausted. She had just come home from another performance. It was nearly midnight.

Korra sighed and opened her eyes. She saw Mai asleep on the couch. Korra looked around for any sign of Asami.

Why was Mai left by herself??. Where was Asami??.

Korra walked over to the couch.
She scooped up the sleeping child in her arms. Korra walked out of the room and down the hall. She saw a light coming from Asami's office.

Korra walked down to the door. She knocked lightly.

"Come in", she heard.

Korra lightly pushed the door open and peered inside. She saw Asami sitting at her desk. Korra stepped inside. She looked around.

Asami's desk had stacks of papers and folders and binders and pencils and sketches laid around.

Asami looked at her. She frowned.

"What's wrong??".

Korra raised an eyebrow.

"Why was Mai by herself??", she asked quietly. "Yes she's asleep but still. What if she woke up and went into the kitchen for something. You don't leave her alone".

Asami crossed her arms.

"Well she can't be in here", she said. "It's dangerous for her in my office".

Korra rolled her eyes. "Than maybe you should, oh I don't know, leave your office for once in your life?".

Asami stood up.

"Are you here to yell at me and be a smart ass??".

"No", Korra sighed. "Look, I'm sorry".

Asami gave her a hard glare.

"If you're just gunna come in here and yell at me, then leave".

Hurt crossed Korra's face.

"I'm not the one that left Mai by herself".

Asami huffed and sat down. She turned her back.

"I have work, Korra", she said quietly. "Take Mai to bed".

Korra held in a smart comment. She didn't want to make things worse. Asami was tired and probably under stress at the moment with all this work. Korra was just making it worse.
"Goodnight Aasami", Korra said. "Try not to stay up too late. People need sleep".

Korra turned and walked out without another word. She closed the door and sighed. She stared at the ground.

It was like this alot. Asami would always be working while Korra looked after Mai. Asami would ignore her and sometimes Mai. Korra knew she didn't mean it. She was just too wrapped up in her work to focus on people. Even her.

Korra went upstairs to her bedroom. She turned the lights on. Walking over to the large bed, she laid Mai down one side. She tucked her in and kissed her forehead. Korra changed her clothes and climbed into bed. She laid down and fell asleep, hoping tomorrow would be a better day.
----------------------

"This food is awesome!!".

Bolin bit into his barbecue chicken, happily.

Opal giggled. "Don't eat too fast", she said.

Mai watched her uncle from her seat. She giggled.

They were having a barbecue outside. It was Mai's idea. Well to Korra it was. Her friends actually told Mai to ask Korra if they could have a barbecue, which of course Korra couldn't say no to her. But Korra didn't know that.