You're our avatar

Warning: this has suicide attempt and thoughts. Do not read if this will trigger you. Also, this isn't really Korrasami. It's more of a..... family and friends kinda thing. This is really long so you'll be reading for a bit. Enjoy :)
------------
Korra looked down the 100 foot drop. She clutched the steel beams of the bridge tightly, just staring at the calm water below.

Noone would miss you.

Tears came foward at the thought but Korra didn't let them fall.

Come on girl. Just jump and the next avatar will take over. A better avatar. Republic City doesn't need you anymore. Never has.

Korra let out a shaky breath. The wind wrapped around her in a chilly blanket. The teen sunk down to a sitting. She tilted her head up, tear glistened eyes looked up at the night sky.

What a lovely night. The perfect night to die. This would be the last thing you see.

Korra shook her head. Trying to rid herself of the voice in her head. That damn voice. Every waking moment of the day, that voice would torture the young avatar till she was practically losing her mind. Korra would even be meditating when a negative comment came to mind and disrupt her peaceful mind.

Of coarse Korra didn't tell anyone about the voice in her head. Not her parents, not Tenzin, not her friends. And especially not her girlfriend, Asami Sato.

Korra felt her breath get caught up in her throat at the thought of her Asami. She and Asami have been together for 3 years. The pair couldn't be happier.

Korra told Asami everything. How she was feeling, her insecurities, her flaws, how her day was. She told her everything. Everything except about the voice. Korra couldn't tell her. She would think Korra was crazy. Everyone would. They'd probably laugh at her or worse, send to her a mental hospital.

They'd all be disgusted with her and not want anything to do with her.

Korra felt her heart break at the thought.

But get this over with, the voice said.
And you won't have to live in fear anymore. You'll be free. Your friends and family will be happier. Do it.

Korra sighed. Just a few more minutes couldn't hurt. Just to work up the courage to actually jump.

The teenage girl sat there, starring down at the water. She thought back on her life. She remembered when she first airbended. When she first came to Republic City.

She chuckled at the memory. Then soon after she met the grouchy, cranky, miserable and mean lady. Or in other words, Lin Beifong.

A smile chuckled escaped her mouth. Man, she was gun a miss that lady. Lin had become a good friend to Korra. Though it may not seem like it but the two had grown to become somewhat of friends. Even she had found a place in Korra's heart.

Korra laughed.

"Only god knows how Lin came to be my friend. I guess I have Tenzin to thank for that", she said. "I guess Lin isn't so bad when you stay on her good side".

Korra realized that she was talking to no one but she didn't care. There was no one around to care.

Korra sighed. "Tenzin. I'm gunna miss that guy. I wonder what he'll tell the kids when I'm gone. He'll probably go into the spirit world and yell at me. Won't do any good but that guy is a so as dense as I am so he wouldn't care. But I know he loves me. That's why he would yell in the first place".

Another sigh came out. "I'm really gunna miss him. Hopefully the next avatar won't be so stubborn with him and just listen for once in our lives. I know Tenzin will be a great mentor to the earthbender kid. I know the kid will be a way better student than I have been".