Favorite Worst Nightmare

Happy New Year!!🫶

   " I've just came back home after spending two days in the hospital, and, surprisingly, Miguel paid for my treatment. I never thought he would do something like that...
   I don't know if he's going to try to enter in my personal life, but I wouldn't let him in becuse I don't want to spend more than just the necessary time with Miguel, as I said before, I don't like him that much... Plus, he must be still sad after what happened, Miguel didn't talk much with me yesterday, he just brought me home and didn't say a shit ever since.
   But anyway, I'm much better now, Gus paid my two days-off (finally a descent boss!) and Raven is accompanying me during the working hours. She even asks me opinions about the songs she's writing (they're so good, for real, truly a work of art).
   Anyway, I still have to try to find any clues about the creatures, I can use Miguel to help me with this... ".
   - This place hasn't been that crowded these days... - Raven mumbles, bringing me back to reality.
   - Yep... - I whisper back. Business have been going down to bad since the Court event... I hope we have enough savings...
   - What's wrong, Selene..? - she asks going to my direction with Meowy in her arms and petting it - you seem so out of yourself...
   - It's just... - I take a deep breath - there's this guy, he really drives me crazy...
   - In a good way or in a bad way? - she questions.
   - I think mostly in a bad way... - I say - I don't know... Like, I find him aestheticly pleasing but his personality is... horrible... He's so smug and arrogant that I want to punch him in the eyes..! - I slap the cashier desk in anger, Brooks wides her eyes a bit - but still, he has done good things for me and I felt bad after hurting his feelings... It's a mixture of conflicting feelings...
   - So he's your favorite worst nightmare... - she observes, I nod in agreement, the perfect words to describe him, he's pretty but horrible to live with - at least you don't see him though black n' white lens...
   - Everyone is gray, - I say - although sometimes one side stands out more then the other...
   - That's a wise viewpoint, specially for someone you don't really like... - she agrees - hey, do you know if Gus still has that " ax bass " in the stock?
   - I can check - I respond - you must have played the entire stock at this point..!
   - This is what people do in the music stores in general! - she smirks - play every single instrument and don't buy anything, even the guitar picks..! You do this as well, Gus told me.
   - Ok, ok, you got me..! - I agree, going to the direction of the black metal door - I'll be back soon...
   Brooks nods and I go upstairs to the stock and look for the wanted instrument. I find the red ax bass inside a case, it reminds me of a cartoon... I grab it and go back to the store, as I open the door, I see Raven near it and I ask:
   - Raven... What's the matter..?
   - You should see by yourself - Brooks whispers as she grabs the bass and goes back to where she was before, sitting on the black leather stools.
   I enter back the store and see him... Miguel... What the heck is he doing here?! He looks at me, comes closer as says with a smirk:
   - Hello, Selene. What a delightful meeting...
   - What do you want, Miguel? - I ask roughly. I'm not willing to play those little games right now.
   - I'm just interested in some instruments, is that problem? - he asks sarcastically with a bigger smirk.
   - Not at all, - I respond - but you should tell your real intentions if there are any, I'm not in a very good mood today...
   - Well, if you say so... - he smugs - I would like to talk to you about something...
   - What? - I question going behind the cashier desk.
   - Well, I cannot tell you now, because... - he points his head to Raven behind him.
   - Raven won't hear us, she is playing with headphones on - I say.
   - Oh, ok - he mumbles and looks at his watch and a spectrum appears with a symbol, it's like a pentagram with some sort of a stick figure with a weird dick and three axes on its hands instead of the star - do you recognize this?
   - No... - I whisper.
   - This symbol was branded with fire on that dragon's neck, - he shows a quite blurry pic of the symbol on the dragon's neck, and it looks like those that they do in horses. Whoever did that must know the trick to penetrate in that dragon's scales - I've tried to research what it means, but I couldn't find anything...
   - Damn... - I mumble.
   - Hum... - Raven comes closer to us - I would ask for something, but this topic seems much more interesting... - she smirks and then looks at the symbol - I know this...
   - What is it..? - I ask.
   - It's a demon seal... - she explains - Baal, the Lord of Natural Catastrophes and Thunders... This is all I know about him, I don't follow that strand of satanism...
   - So you're telling me that we're dealing with a demon..? - Miguel asks a bit skeptical, Brooks nods in response - are these things even real? I thought it was just a religious thing!
   - Not another divine entity again... - I mumble upset, covering my face with my hand. First Lucifer, then Lilith, next Saint Miguel Arcanum and now this Baal! Every divine entity must hate me at this point, when I get to the spiritual world, they would probably throw rocks on me..!
   - Have you ever deal with those things before..? - Miguel questions still skeptical.
   - Yep, and they weren't pleasant experiences... - I mumble in response - do you know anyone or anything that can help..?
   - There's a guy, Dante Goya Santos - Raven says - he his a historian and a theologian, he must know something...
   - Give me his address, and I'll check this with him - I ask, and she writes the address on my open sketchbook.
   - Now, the thing I wanted to ask you is... - Raven shows the bass, all the strings are cutted - do you have new bass strings..?
   - How did you manage to do this?! - I gasp with wide eyes - this is straight up steel!
   - Sometimes the passion is so deep that it can cut steel strings... - she says dramatically while putting a hand on her chest.
   - You know you'll have to pay for them, right? - I say still shocked.
   - I'll talk to your boss - she responds as she goes to the black door, opens it, enters to the other room, and closes the door.
   - I have some questions... - Miguel says looking at me.
   - That's Raven Brooks - I point my head to the door behind me - a current client and my boss' girlfriend.
   - And your demon thing..? - he asks.
   - It's complicated - I explain - demons are ambiguous and unpredictable spiritual entities, and I've deal with some before... I prefer not to talk about it...
   - Oh... - he mumbles - I'm very skeptical about those paranormal things, I don't really belive in them, you know.
   - I see... - I whisper - anything else?
   - Not really... - he responds walking to the direction of the entrance door - and I really like that doodle of me that you did in the hospital...
   - Thanks... - I mumble as he walks out of the store.
   This is reliefing... After I finish my shift, I will go back to where that donut brain appeared to check if there is any sing of that symbol somewhere... I won't be able to find any sing of that seal in that demonic spaghetti becuse it was probably destroyed in order to clean up the Court.
There's something much more bigger then I expected behind this all...