Lonely Nights

Just me and a bunch of data to analyze for a company that I hate at a Saturday night, how great! And there's also the death tread! Haha... I'm so shocking screwed... How I want to throw myself out of that shocking window! It's hard to go though everything alone...
   - You really had a day... - Lyla says as her hologram appears in front of me.
   - Everyday is a hard day...
   - You look lonely...
   - Yeah... This job is consuming me... - I go back to work.
   Gosh, how I hate this job. I could be sleeping, but no, everyone is that shocking company has to be so stupid, and I have to do everything! I hate you,Ty.
   Next, I hear a noise somewhere, like something hitting on a glass. Lyla chuckles and then says:
   - Selene just arrived..!
   - Really..? - I raise an eyebrow. Did something happen to her..? - let her in.
   - Ok, Miguel - she says as the door of my room opens and Selene comes out of there. Can't she use the door like a normal person? - Welcome, Selene.
   - Hey... - the redhead mumbles - I finish the book...
   - Oh... Great - I replie. At least nothing bad happened with her, apparently - sit down and tell me everything - I point towards the red sofa, she sits there.
   - Wanna something to drink? - Lyla asks to her.
   - No, thank you - she responds as she sits down on the sofa. She's with that demon 101 book - so... - she opens the book and takes a paper out of the pages - this is what we're dealing with - she shows me a drawing of a very ugly guy with a crow with two other heads: one is a black bull and the other is a white goat with black torn horns. The body has a human torso and arms, but the legs are like spider's but with the texture of frog's. Demons are really ugly - this is the description of Baal, the Lord of the 3rd Circle of Hell, according to this book.
   - He's so shocking ugly - I comment as she chuckles, I chuckle a bit - what else did you find out?
   - The seals have magical properties, which include mind control, summoning, invisibility, and opening portals - she starts - so all those creatures were being controlled by someone connected to him.
   - Do you think the person or people involved with these are some sort of Baal followers?
   - It could, but I'm suspecting it's more like someone who sold their own soul for power - she replies - because followers are limited to the powers of the seal or the summoning, neither them nor Baal can create those roses I saw, so...
   - Makes sense... - I mumble - anything else?
   - There's the summoning part, which can happen in many ways like the salt pentagram where you sacrifice a soul, old grimoires, seals being strike by a thunder... - she flips through the pages - and also the cursed objects, which they are a soul receptacle created with demonic magic, usually seals, that give the person some sort of immortality, and if destroyed, the person whose soul is there dies.... And lastly, there's the deals: You sell your soul or someone else's in exchange to anything, and after you die, you go to Hell to make eternal company to the demon... - she sighs - that's it...
   - Oh, that's a lot... - I comment. This is really complicated. I never thought I would have to deal with someone who made a deal with a demon! I remember Selene telling me she had an experience with them before... - Selene... You said one you had experiences with demons in the past...
   - Yes... - she confirms while looking down.
   - Can you tell me more about them..? - I ask.
   - I prefer not. They were... traumatic... - she starts to scratch her own hands with those sharp nails.
   - It would be really helpful if you told me - I say as I get up from my armchair, come closer to her and grab her wrist to move her hand away from one another in order to her not scratch them.
    - I may tell you one day, I don't feel much comfortable talking about my pass in general - she replies.
   - If you say so... - I let her wrist go and sit back on my armchair - Lyla, are you keeping notes on this?
   - Of course! - she exclaims - what type of assistant I'm if I don't take notes? - she shows a hologram with all the information Selene has told - I tried to check the information on the Web, but I couldn't find anything... - she puts her hand on her chin - it's like it never existed in the first place...
   - Only Lucifer is there, right..? - Selene looks at her, Lyla nods - is it the little red man with horns and a tale?
   - Exactly - she shows the pictures and information for the redhead.
   - How weird... - Selene mumbles - it doesn't have the fallen angel version...
   Oh... I remember Xina talking about that one forgotten version, just like Lilith's story.
   - Maybe it is like what Xina said - Lyla shows a massage from Xina that was sent 3 years ago - " Alchemax is trying to erase history and create its own just to help their interests."
   - Damn... - she mumbles - I thought we were in 2099, not in the 1500's..! - Selene looks down as she covers her face with her hands and sigh frustrated - but I don't know why would they censore demons and Lucifer's fallen angel side... - she puts a hand under her chin, but move it away quickly - Anyways, these are the things I found out.
   - Great job... - I mumble, looking away.
   - What? - she smirks sassily.
   - I said " Great job " - I say a bit louder.
   - Thank you - she smiles slyly.
   - Oh, Miguel, you're too shy to admit - Lyla comments sassily. I sigh. I hate to admit, but Selene is a great company for nights like this...
   - I have something for you... - I mumble as I go towards the kitchen table and grab a small box on it. I go to Selene and give her the box and open it. Her eyes wide.
   - Miguel... I won't marry you - she looks at me with half-closed eyes.
   - I'm not asking you in marriage..! - I exclaim. - it's a Gizmo, like my watch, but yours is a ring instead..!
   - Oh... - she takes the ring out of the box and examines it - how does this shit work..?
   - Tap on the big square - I say, she does it, and a hologram appears above the ring.
   - What should I do with this? - she asks.
   - Do you remember when you said you didn't have a way to communicate with me, or you have alzheimer? - I say sarcastically. She narrows her eyes again.
   - I remember... - she looks back to the ring - so I'll use this to talk to you... How?
   - You have to put on some data, and I'll be able to send messages to you through the Web - I explain.
   - Ok... - she looks at the hologram and slowly starts typing on it. This is taking so long, oh my goodness... Even my mother typed faster - I think it's done...
   - Let me check... - I come closer to her and look at the hologram. Everything is done, now I can send her an invitation - I'll send you an invitation and you accept.
   I open a hologram above my watch, search for her profile, find it, and send her the invitation, she accepts it. Great...
   - So... that's it... I think... - she looks at me in doubt. It's weird that her eyes glow in the dark, like cats, but it's mysteriously hypnotic.
   - Yep... - I mumble and click back on the square of the ring, making the hologram disappear - consider it as a gif that I hope you enjoy...
   - I do... Thanks... - she puts the ring on her finger, looks at it for a bit, and gets up while grabbing the book - now we have to return it to Dante.
   - We can go there tomorrow night if you want to - I suggest.
   - Well, if you drive... - she requests looking away.
   - I will.
   - Great..! - she starts to walk to my bedroom - See ya tomorrow...
   - See you...
   She enters in the bedroom, she is probably doing the mirror thing, I wonder what's like inside of a mirror.
   - And she's gone - Lyla says as her hologram appears next to me - I like her, but she could use the front door like everyone else.
   - Yeah... - I mumble as I stretch myself a bit and sigh - it's time to come back to work...
   I sit down on the armchair and start to work again. Oh... that loneliness is back again... Maybe Selene could do that more often.