Sweetness

" I'm starting to like Miguel a bit more, he isn't that much of arrogant slacker I first thought... I hope he doesn't turn back into that after this crisis over.
   Speaking of this demonic crisis, I don't have any idea why a demon would use someone to do that (or maybe is just the person or group).
   And about my neighbors... I'm feeling kinda bad for ignoring the people who helped me... especially Gus and Asiman, he likes me as a friend, not only as an employee, and Asiman also see me as some sort of friend and someone she trusts. Carmilla is much more complicated, she seems to care but doesn't show it much... I don't know about Esther, she's probably confused about it, she's too innocent...
   Anyway, let's see which fate these things will get. "
   - Everything is way too calm... - I mumble.
   - It's the calm before the storm, they say... - Miguel replies as he looks at my sketchbook - why do you write from right to left?
  - Habit... - I respond as I start to doodle something on the corner of the page - my tutor used to do this, so...
  - Who was that tutor of yours..? - he asks.
  - Da Vinci...
  - Wait... - he looks at me - was your tutor the guy who painted that weird lady?!
  - It isn't a lady... - I comment while my doodle gains form - it was his assistant, Salaì...
  - What?!
  - His assistant was a teenager, and in Ancient Greece, teenage boys were represented with androgynous appearance, and since that was Renaissance's main reference, Da Vinci did that in all of the paintings Salaì appeared, including the Mona Lisa, but Leonardo painted him in a way he looked more like a woman. Even Mona Lisa is an anagram to Mon Salaì...
   - Oh... - he whispers - that's new... If you don't mind asking, when were you born?
   - August 13th of 1490.
   - Shock! - he exclaims - you're really old! Like, 600 years old..!
   - And I manage to look younger than you - I smirk. I know I'm 177 years old, and if I were 600, I would look much older, but I like this joke.
   - Selene, have you ever been stopped from leaving the museum? - he asks.
   - No... why? - I look at him.
   - Becuse they could think a piece of the exposition was running away - he says sarcastically. I roll my eyes.
   - I thought that happened to your mom... She must be older than me - I mumble sarcastically.
   - More probably yours - he objects sarcastically.
   - You both really like to offend each other's moms, don't you? - Lyla says as her hologram appears on the dashboard - that strategy of flirting is horrible, to be honest.
   - First: We aren't flirting - he says - and second: if you're that specialist at flirting, why don't you suggest a better strategy?
   - I have a full list of pick-up lines - she replies sassily with a smirk - you should use them more often. You haven't touched a boob in ages..!
   - Shut up! - he exclaims, I giggle a bit - what are you laughing at?
   - Nothing... - I try to hold my laugh - but sometimes you just need hook up with someone to get rid of a bad mood.
   - She's not wrong - Lyla confirms with a smirk, he sighs, and I chuckle. I love Lyla, she's great.
   - Lyla, can you drive? My eyes are getting tired - Miguel asks.
   - Sure, Miguel - she says as Miguel lets the car wheel go and sighs, lying his head on the seat, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. Then the cart starts to drive by itself. This must be some high-tec shit.
   I come back to my doodle, maybe I can draw Miguel again, he's really handsome, would give a great piece of art... I start to draw his side profile, looking at him from the corner of my eyes occasionally to get the reference. He's really handsome, I have to say...
   - Drawing me again, don't you? - Miguel says with a smirk while looking at me from the corner of his half-closed eyes. Oh, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!
   - You don't like it..? - I mumble.
   - I actually enjoy it... -  he closes his eyes, and his smirk softs a bit - and I really like your drawing style.
   - Oh, thanks - I smile slyly - now stay still...
   Miguel chuckles slyly and doesn't move, I continue my drawing. After I finish, I poke his shoulder, he opens his eyes and I show him the drawing. He smirks and says:
   - I like it...
   - Thank you..! - I mumble as he closes his eyes again.
   Next, the ring Miguel gave me starts to beep a few times, I click on the big square, a hologram appears above the ring, and it's Xina sending me an invitation. I accept it, and a chat opens.
   - Hey Selene \(^^)/ - her message says - I finally found your profile.
   - Hey Xina - I type slowly and send a reply - how have you been?
   - My car is finally fixed, and I could find a camera just like yours - she says and next sends a picture of her camera. It's the same model, but hers is white while mine is gray - it's authentic.
   - Cool - I comment - how many old things do you have?
   - Yes ( ´∀` )b - she replies as she sends a pic with her on the corner of the pic and her house in the background. It's full of posters of old bands, singers, movies and celebrities from the twenty century, various old objects like a bubblegum machine and an ET puppet. She also has a ukulele as well. This girl is really obsessed.
   - That's a lot - I say - how do you manage to clean it all up?
   - Gabbe and Jack help me.
   - Who is Jack?
   - This silly robot - she sends a pic from above of a guy that looks like Kennedy with a bizarre artificial smile and that Elvis' shirt.
   - He's literally Kennedy.
   - Yep. I created him to be a copy of JFK d(⌒ー⌒).
   - You did a great job, but why Kennedy?
   - He's one of the icons of the twencen.
   - You're not wrong. And you actually put two icons of the pass century together (I noticed that Elvis' shirt)
   - Yikes (*^▽^)/★*☆♪. Finally someone underused the reference!
   - Yep. Does Gabbe bother the robot and all the stuff?
   - He likes Jack, he's really helpful with chores. And Gabbe doesn't mind my collection, he just asks me to keep it clean (and he also sent you a hug).
   - I see. Tell him I sent a hug as well - I look to my side, Miguel is still with his eyes closed. I look at the road, we're almost at Dante's house - I have to go. See ya.
   - See ya (^-^).
   I click on the top of the ring, and the hologram vanishes, I put the sketchbook on my ecobag and grab it. I look at Miguel, tap his shoulder, and mumble:
   - Miguel... - he slowly opens his eyes and looks at me - We're almost there...
   - Ok... - he mumbles with a husky voice, he yawns and he runs his hand through his hair. His fangs are so pretty. It's a bother that humans don't appreciate this characteristic as much as vampires do.
   - You would be really famous around vampires with those fangs - I comment.
   - Why..?
   - Because big and lustrous fangs like yours are really desirable characteristics among the community. It's the equivalent for a girl having big boobs.
   - Oh... - his cheeks darken a bit. I've never seen him blushing. It's cute - do you feel... attracted to me..?
   - I mean... - I can feel my cheeks burning like hot bread as I look away nervously. That was unexpected - you're pretty to the conventional beauty standards, but I don't feel horny just by looking, you know... - I look at him with an awkward small smile, he looks away a bit - if it makes you feel better, I feel like that with everyone. You're no exception for this rule...
   - Ah... Makes sense - he seems better now.
   I smile slyly. Then, the car stops in the front of the apartment complex that Dante lives. Me and Miguel get out of the car and enter the apartment complex, going to the 666th apartment. As we arrive, I set the clock hands to 3:33, and the secret passage opens. We went to the elevator and entered Dante's house.