Ghost in the Room

It was unexpected, but really helped me. Maybe Miguel isn't as selfish as I thought.
   I start to smell something really good downstairs, I'll check what it's. I walk to the other apartment under the ground, when I arrive there, there're my " neighbors " (except Esther) sitting around the coffee table with a bottle with a dark red liquid and a few cups near. Everyone looks at me as I enter, like I was a ghost...
   - Look who finally came... - Carmilla mumbles sarcastically.
   - Here, take some fresh Beso de La Noche - Gus points to the bottle, I pour some of the liquid in a cup and drink it. It tastes so good! It's a bit metallic because of the blood but still so sweet.
   - What happened to your arm? - Asiman points to my arm.
   - The cat... - I lie then take sip of my drink.
   - You haven't been staying here very much... - Gus comments - what's going on..?
   - I'm just doing some... Studies on theology, you know - I replie, taking another sip of my drink.
   - I hope you're not doing something illicit - Asiman mumbles - you own not only my trust, but from everyone here, you don't want to throw it all way, don't you..?
   - I'm not doing anything illicit - I object - I'm not doing anything that will put your family in risk, I swear.
   - I hope so... - she looks at me dead in the eyes.
   - I know that business haven't been doing great since the Court event, but you have the privilege that many would kill to have, don't trow it away just to satisfy your own greed... - Carmilla suggests.
   - If you don't have a strong mind, this city will consume you, like many others... You'll regret it... - Asiman adds.
   - I'm trying my best to not fall into the dark side... - I look at them - and thank you all for... everything... You don't know how much it means to me... You helped me not to enter into the life of crime and... Are great people, seriously... Even if things aren't doing great, I appreciate your kindness for me...
   Carmilla smiles slightly, I look at Asiman and Gus, her gaze soften and he smiles. I smile a bit... I appreciate them the most... Even though we haven't had a good start, things have been getting better.
   - Well... I have things to do now - I interrupt the silence as I take another sip - if you need me, I'll be upstairs.
   They nod, I nod back and I go to my apartment. I need to finish this book soon... I think I'll have to do a speedrun to tell Miguel everything soon.