Gabriel can be nice?!

Tavàri and Gabriel had been travelling for days, looking for a place to rest and resupply. They hoped that the village they saw on the horizon would be friendly and welcoming, but they were sorely mistaken. As soon as they entered the gates, they were greeted by a horde of angry villagers, armed with pitchforks, torches and insults.

"Get out of here, you filthy tiefling!" one of them shouted.

"Yeah, we don't want your kind here!" another added.

"What did you do, elf? Did you lose a bet and have to drag this abomination with you?" a third one sneered.

Tavàri was used to this kind of treatment. She had faced prejudice and hatred all her life because of her horns, tail and red skin. She clenched her fists and glared at the mob, ready to defend herself and her companion.

Gabriel, on the other hand, was not amused. He had met Tavàri on one of his quests and found her to be a useful ally, despite their differences. He did not care about her appearance or heritage, only about her skills and loyalty. He sighed and rolled his eyes at the villagers' ignorance and hostility.

"Listen, you primitive simpletons," he said in a calm but condescending voice. "We are not here to cause trouble. We are just passing through. We need some food, water and a place to sleep for the night. If you cooperate, we will be gone by tomorrow. If you don't, well...let's just say you will regret it."

The villagers were taken aback by Gabriel's words. They were not used to being talked down to by an outsider, especially an elf. They looked at each other, unsure of what to do. Some of them lowered their weapons, while others raised them higher.

Tavàri smirked and whispered to Gabriel: "Nice speech. You really know how to charm people."

Gabriel shrugged and replied: "It's the truth. They should be grateful we are giving them a chance."

Tavàri nodded and said: "True. But maybe we should tone it down a bit. You know, try to be more diplomatic."

Gabriel frowned and said: "Why? Diplomacy is overrated. Besides, they started it."

Tavàri chuckled and said: "True again. But still, maybe we can avoid a fight if we show them some respect."

Gabriel sighed and said: "Fine. I'll try. But don't expect miracles."

He cleared his throat and addressed the villagers again: "Greetings, esteemed villagers. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you by our presence. We are travellers from far away lands, seeking shelter and hospitality in your humble village. We mean you no harm and we ask for nothing but your kindness and generosity. Please, let us stay here for one night and we will reward you with our gratitude and friendship."

The villagers were stunned by Gabriel's change of tone. They could hardly believe their ears. Was this the same elf who had called them primitive simpletons? He sounded so polite and respectful now. They looked at each other again, this time with curiosity and confusion.

Tavàri winked at Gabriel and said: "Wow. That was impressive. You really know how to lie."

Gabriel smiled and said: "Thank you. I learned from the best."

Tavàri smiled back and said: "You're welcome. I'm proud of you."

They waited for the villagers' response.

The villagers were still hesitant to trust the strangers, but they decided to give them a chance. They agreed to let them stay in the village for one night, but they warned them not to cause any trouble or disturb anyone.

Tavàri and Gabriel thanked them for their hospitality and followed one of the villagers to a small hut where they could sleep.

They entered the hut and closed the door behind them.

They looked around and saw that it was very simple and modest. There were two beds made of straw, a table with two chairs, a fireplace with some wood, and a window with a curtain.

They put their bags on the floor and each sat on a bed.

They looked at each other and smiled.

They had made it through another day.

Once again sorry for a short chapter. I really am trying! <3 ^^