Irrational fears

As Gabriel and Tavàri set up camp in the forest, they marvelled at the natural beauty around them. The trees rustled gently in the breeze, and birds chirped merrily in the distance. After they had finished setting up, Tavàri retreated to her tent with Luna, while Gabriel stayed outside to keep watch. He sat down on a stump, eyes scanning the forest for signs of danger. As the night fell, the stars came out, and he grew drowsy.

Suddenly, he heard a blood-curdling scream coming from Tavàri's tent. Alarmed, he jumped up and ran towards her tent, expecting to find some dangerous creature attacking her. His heart was pounding in his chest as he arrived at the tent, but to his surprise, he found Tavàri cowering in a corner, pointing at a small scorpion on the ground. 

"Get it away from me!" she shrieked.

Gabriel looked at her incredulously. "You're afraid of a scorpion? You? The same tiefling who's faced dragons and demons without flinching? The same one that has walked through fire and brimstone? The same one that has stolen from kings and lords? You're afraid of a little scorpion?"

"It's not the same!" she protested. "Scorpions are creepy and poisonous and they have those nasty stingers!"

Gabriel shook his head and picked up the scorpion with his bare hand. He threw it outside and turned to Tavàri.

"You're ridiculous," he said.

Tavàri glared at him. "You're heartless," she retorted.

"Am I?" he asked. "Then why did I come to save you?"

"Because you're bored."

"Because I care," he huffed with exasperation.

"Shut up! You act like you've never been scared a day in your life! What makes you so high and mighty Mr. Brave?!"

"Bravery isn't the absence of fear, Tavàri. It's going forward despite your fear. We all have our fears, we have to learn to face them."

"Well, then what are you afraid of?"

"If you must know, Wendigos." 

"Wait haven't Wendigos been extinct for thousands of years now? Didn't your kind wipe them all out?"

"Everyone thinks that they were wiped out by the elves all those centuries ago but I'm still not entirely convinced."

Tavàri grinned, "So do you think there might be any in these woods?" She cooed.

"Stop that," Gabriel grumbled. "You won't scare me like that." 

"Don't pretend you didn't get shivers up your back when I said that!"

"I won't pretend because I didn't."

"Whatever you say, Gabe."

Gabriel scoffs and walks out of the tent.

Tavàri smirked as she watched his retreating form. She kneeled and picked Luna up with a small grunt as the wolf pup was starting to grow quite a bit bigger. "Oh, I'm going to have so much fun bringing all his fears to life." She chuckled as Luna licked her cheek.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

I got a time skip/POV switch divider!

The next day Gabriel went out hunting in the forest. He moved through the forest with the grace of a predator, his senses alert for any sign of danger. The thick canopy above him filtered the sunlight, casting a spotted pattern on the forest floor. The earth beneath his feet was soft and spongy, and he felt the occasional twig snap underfoot. The air was thick with the scent of pine needles and damp earth, and the distant sounds of birdsong and rustling leaves filled his ears.