Wars of the mind.

TW: Mentions of blood

Tavàri and Gabriel had been travelling for days, looking for a safe place to hide from their enemies. They had escaped from a city where they had been hired to kill a noble, but the job had gone wrong and they had been exposed. Now they were hunted by the guards, the noble's allies, and their former employer.

They found a clearing in the forest, where they set up camp for the night. Tavàri lit a fire and cooked some meat, while Gabriel tended to the horses and the wolf. They ate in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Tavàri wondered what Gabriel's story was, why he seemed so cold and distant. Gabriel wondered why he felt a strange connection to Tavàri.

They slept in separate tents, but neither of them slept well. Gabriel was tormented by nightmares, reliving the horrors of a war he fought in long ago. He saw blood and fire, and heard screams and spells. He woke up sweating and shaking, clutching his chest.

He got out of his tent, hoping to calm himself down. He saw Tavàri sitting by the fire, holding Luna in her arms. She looked up at him and smiled softly. "Hey, you okay?" she asked. "You look like you've seen a ghost." Gabriel hesitated, then walked over to her. He sat down next to her and sighed. "I'm fine," he said "I just had some trouble sleeping." Tavàri nodded turning to face away from him. "I know how that feels," she said. Gabriel felt something stir in his heart. He reached out and gently placed his hand on hers. She turned back to face him, surprise twinkling in her eyes.

Where the heck is this going? Nobody knows! <3 ^^