A wolf pup's pleas.

Tavàri and Gabriel had been traveling for days, looking for a safe place to hide from their enemies. They had escaped from a city where they had been hired to kill a noble, but the job had gone wrong and they had been exposed. Now they were hunted by the guards, the noble's allies, and their former employer.

They had two horses, Bones and Bless, who carried their supplies and weapons. Tavàri also had a pet wolf pup, Luna, who she had found alone in the forest. She had adopted Luna as her own. Luna was loyal and protective of Tavàri, but wary of strangers and loud noises.

They set up camp in a clearing in the forest, near a stream. Tavàri lit a fire and cooked some meat they had hunted earlier. Gabriel tended to Luna, Bless and Bones. They ate in silence, each lost in their own thoughts.

After dinner, they prepared to sleep. Tavàri and Gabriel slept in separate tents. Luna curled up next to Tavàri and tried to sleep.

As the night fell, Luna began to whimper and twitch in her sleep. She was having a nightmare about her time alone in the forest before Tavàri had found her. She remembered the cold, the hunger, the fear. She remembered the howls of other wolves, who had rejected her for being different. The strange noises of the forest around her.

Luna woke up with a start and found Tavàri gone. She rushed out of the tent and found Tavàri sitting by the fire. She curled up in Tavàri's lap, Closing her eyes and whimpering.

Tavàri could sense Luna's unease. She whispered soothing words in her ear, trying to calm her down. She stroked her fur and kissed her head. She told her that she was safe now, that she had a home and a family. She told her that she loved her.

Luna slowly relaxed and stopped whimpering. She opened her eyes and licked Tavàri's face gratefully. She looked at Gabriel, who was watching them with curiosity. Tavàri and Luna shared a bond that was rare and precious.

More on the way! <3 ^^