The origins of Luna

Tavàri and Gabriel were on their way to the next town, riding their trusty steeds Bones and Bless. As they crossed a forest, Tavàri spotted something moving in the bushes. She pulled Bones to a halt and jumped off, drawing her sword. Gabriel sighed and followed her, wondering what trouble she had found this time. He saw her kneeling in front of a small, furry creature with big eyes and a wagging tail. It was a wolf pup, and it looked adorable.

"Gabriel, look at this!" Tavàri exclaimed, holding the pup in her arms. "It's so cute! Can we keep it?"

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "No, we can't keep it. It's a wild animal, not a pet. It probably has a pack nearby that will miss it. And it will grow up to be a vicious predator that will bite your hand off."

Tavàri smirked. "Perfect I can train it bite your hand off or your head either one works."

Gabriel shook his head. "Tavàri, you're being irrational. We have enough trouble as it is, without adding a wolf to the mix. How are we going to feed it? Where are we going to keep it? What if it attacks someone? What if someone attacks it? It's too risky, Tavàri. We have to leave it here."

Tavàri hugged the pup tighter. "No, I won't leave it here. It's mine now. I'll name it Luna. If anyone tries to hurt her including you, read my lips right now. I. Will. Set. Them. On. Fire."

Gabriel facepalmed. He knew there was no point in arguing with Tavàri when she had made up her mind. He also knew that she had a soft spot for animals, especially cute ones. He decided to let her have her way, for now. Maybe the pup would run away on its own, or maybe they would find a good home for her in the next town. Or maybe they would end up with a new companion for their travels.

He mounted Bless again and said, "Fine, Tavàri, fine. You can keep the pup. But only if you promise to be responsible for her. And don't expect me to help you with anything related to her."

Tavàri grinned and looked Luna in the eyes. She jumped on Bones again and said, "We're gonna cause so much chaos together!"

She spurred Bones forward and raced ahead, leaving Gabriel and Bless behind. He sighed and followed her at a slower pace, wondering what he had gotten himself into.

They rode for a while until they found a clearing in the forest where they could rest for a bit. They tied their horses to some trees and sat down on the grass.

Tavàri set Luna down on the ground. She wanted to train Luna to obey her commands and do some tricks. She thought it would be fun and useful. She looked at Luna with a smile.

"Okay, Luna," she said. "Let's see what you can do."

She tried to teach Luna how to sit, stay, roll over and fetch.

But Luna didn't seem interested in learning anything.

She just ran around the clearing, sniffing everything and chasing butterflies.

Tavàri frowned.

"Luna!" she called out. "Come here!"

Luna ignored her.

Tavàri got up and ran after her.

"Luna! Stop! Come back!"

Luna kept running away from her.

Tavàri chased her around the clearing for several minutes, getting more frustrated by the second.

Gabriel watched them with amusement.

He thought it was hilarious how Tavàri couldn't control her own pet.

He also thought it was ironic how she wanted to train Luna when she herself was so unruly and disobedient.

He decided to join the fun.

He whistled and called out to Luna.

"Luna! Come here, girl!"

To Tavàri's surprise and annoyance, Luna immediately stopped running and ran towards Gabriel.

She jumped on him and licked his face.

Gabriel laughed and petted her.

"Good girl, Luna," he said. "You're a smart pup."

Tavàri glared at him.

"Hey!" she said. "That's not fair! How did you do that?"

Gabriel shrugged.

"I guess she likes me better," he said smugly.

Tavàri huffed.

"She's my pup, not yours," she said. "She should listen to me, not you."

Gabriel smirked.

"Maybe you should try being nicer to her," he said. "And to me."

Tavàri snorted and grabbed Luna from him. She sticks her tongue out at him and turns away, but as she turns her tail hits him in the face.

Gabriel rubbed the spot where Tavàri's tail hit him and glared at her. "You are so f#ck!ng immature you know that!" He says as he stands up.

Tavàri puts Luna on the ground and slowly turns back to face him. "Immature? You wanna see immature? I'LL SHOW YOU IMMATURE! "She jumps at him and a fistfight ensues.

They fought for a while, while Luna watched them with curiosity. She wondered why they were always arguing. She thought they were both nice and funny. She liked them both. She wished they would get along better. She decided to do something about it.

She ran towards them and jumped on them, knocking them down on the grass. She licked their faces and wagged her tail, trying to make them laugh and smile. Tavàri and Gabriel were startled by Luna's sudden attack. They tried to push her off, but she was too strong and persistent.

They ended up lying on the grass, with Luna on top of them, licking their faces and wagging her tail with a smile-like expression on her face. They looked at each other, with Luna in between them. They couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. They realized how silly they were being, fighting over a wolf pup. They also realized how much they cared for each other, despite their differences. They smiled at each other, feeling a warm and fuzzy feeling in their chests. Luna snuggled between them.

A quick message from Luna (who is in fact my cousin's dog):

"Awooooo!"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and feel free to ask questions about the characters in the comments. <3 ^^