Nightmares galore.

TW: Mentions of blood and animal ab^s&

The Nightmare Feeder was hungry. It hadn't seen any living creatures for days. It lived in the forest and fed off of the fear that creatures felt when they had nightmares. When a creature falls asleep and the Nightmare Feeder's presence it starts to have nightmares and the Nightmare Feeder feeds off its fear.

When a group of travellers showed up in the forest the Nightmare Feeder was overjoyed. Finally, it could have a decent meal again. The group was made up of a female tiefling, a male elf, two horses and a wolf pup.

When they went to sleep the tiefling was the first one to have a nightmare. She had been a thief and an assassin in the past which made for some very fearful dreams. When she awoke and left her tent, he turned his attention to his next victim.

The wolf pup was young and easily scared. Her nightmare was full of strange sounds and movements in the shadows. The Nightmare Feeder ate her fear like sweet candy. Eventually, she too woke up and left the tent.

Next was the elf. Tainted by war, his nightmares were chaotic, bloody and deliciously fearful to the Nightmare Feeder. He ate this fear with gusto before the elf also woke up and left his tent.

The first horse had never had a real home for most of his life. The fear of being forever alone without a family or home was forever present in his life and it was a great treat to the hungry Nightmare Feeder. When it too awoke the Nightmare Feeder tuned to the last sleeping creature.

The second horse was ab^s&d in his past, which made for the perfect nightmare. The farmer's harsh voice and even harsher whip brewed some of the finest fear that a Nightmare Feeder could hope for.

When the horse finally woke up the Nightmare Feeder was once again without food. It watched the group as they sat around the fire, hoping that one of them would go back to sleep. But they didn't.

Fear is a powerful tool. Never let it taint your judgement. <3 ^^