How to beat a blizzard

Tavàri shivered as she wrapped her cloak around her horns. She glared at Gabriel, who seemed unaffected by the freezing temperature. "How can you stand this cold?" she asked, her voice dripping with annoyance. "You're an elf, not a penguin."

Gabriel shrugged, his eyes scanning the ancient carvings on the temple walls. "I have a high tolerance for cold, unlike some people," he said, smirking. "Besides, we're lucky the blizzard started before we left. It's better than being buried in snow."

Tavàri snorted. "Lucky? We're stuck here with no way out until the blizzard passes. And who knows how long that will take? We could die of boredom before we freeze to death."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on. It's not that bad. We have food, water, and shelter. And each other's company." He winked at her, making her blush.

Tavàri looked away, feeling a surge of heat in her cheeks. She hated how he could make her feel things with his stupid charm. She was a fierce, fearless tiefling, resistant to fire and danger. She was not some swooning maiden who fell for a handsome elf who was good with a sword.

She cleared her throat and tried to sound casual. "So, what do you suggest we do to pass the time?"

Gabriel smiled and moved closer to her. "I have a few ideas... For example, we could play a game of truth or dare. Or we could explore the temple and see if we can find any hidden secrets. Or we could practice our skills and see who's stronger."

Tavàri raised an eyebrow. "Who's stronger? You think you can beat me in a duel?" she challenged.

Gabriel grinned. "There's only one way to find out." He unsheathed his longsword.

Tavàri smirked and summoned a ring of red flames around her wrist and pulled out a dagger. "Bring it on," she said.

The two of them stood up and faced each other, ready to attack.

They exchanged a series of attacks and counterattacks; each trying to outsmart and overpower the other. Tavàri threw fireballs and was quick with her dagger, while Gabriel dodged and deflected her with his shield and sword. Gabriel hurled his own daggers and teleported from place to place while Tavàri fought back with blazing fireballs and sharp daggers.

The temple echoed with their shouts and laughter, as they enjoyed the thrill of the competition. They were evenly matched, both in skill and stamina, and neither wanted to admit defeat.

After several minutes of intense fighting, they reached a stalemate. They both aimed their final spells at each other, hoping to end the duel with a bang.

Tavàri unleashed a stream of fire that engulfed Gabriel in flames.

Gabriel released a wave of frost that froze Tavàri in ice.

They both collapsed on the floor, exhausted and panting.

They looked at each other and smiled.

"That was fun," Tavàri said.

"That was amazing," Gabriel said.

They sat in silence for a few moments trying to catch their breath.

"Do you hear that?" Gabriel said sitting upright.

Tavàri listened for a moment.

"Hear what?" She asked turning to Gabriel.

"I think the blizzard stopped!" Gabriel said as he got up.

"Finally!" Tavàri exclaimed jumping to her feet.

They left the temple and headed back down the mountain.

I think I'll stop here for now! I might post some more somewhere in the week. <3 ^^