Do tieflings dream of fire and death?

TW: Mentions of blood and death

Tavàri and Gabriel had been travelling for days, looking for a safe place to hide from their enemies. They had escaped from a city where they had been hired to kill a noble, but the job had gone wrong and they had been exposed. Now they were hunted by the guards, the noble's allies, and their former employer.

They found a secluded spot in a forest, where they set up a simple camp. They tied their horses, Bones and Bless, to a nearby tree, and Tavàri let her wolf pup, Luna, roam around the area. She trusted Luna's instincts to warn them of any danger.

They ate some dried meat and bread, then settled in their separate tents. Tavàri was exhausted, but she couldn't sleep. She closed her eyes and saw flashes of her past. She saw the faces of the people she had killed, the blood on her hands, the fear in their eyes. She heard their screams, their pleas, their curses. She felt the pain of the wounds she had received, the scars that marked her body.

She opened her eyes and gasped. She was sweating and shaking. She walked out of her tent. She looked at Gabriel's tent. He was asleep. He didn't have nightmares. He didn't have emotions. He was rational and cold, like a machine. He only cared about survival. He didn't care about her.

She walked towards the fire and sat down. She needed some fresh air. She needed to calm down. She hoped that tomorrow would be a better day.

Getting more into a story format now. <3 ^^