Tiefling in an elven kingdom.

TW: Racism, Insults, Foul language

Tavàri and Gabriel had been travelling for weeks, following a mysterious map that promised to lead them to a hidden treasure. They finally reached the border of Korvas, the elven kingdom, where they were greeted by a group of guards. Tavàri, a fierce and fearless female tiefling, was used to being met with suspicion and hostility, but she was not prepared for the level of racism she encountered in the elven lands. The guards sneered at her horns, tail and red skin, calling her names like "devil spawn", "infernal wh*r&" and "abomination". They searched her belongings, confiscated her weapons and demanded a hefty fee for entering the kingdom.

"Hey, what are you doing with my sword?" Tavàri protested as one of the guards took her blade.

"Quiet, you filthy creature. You're lucky we don't kill you on the spot," the guard snapped.

"That's enough, Rian. Don't waste your breath on this thing," another guard said. "Just take her money and let her go."

"Money? What money? I don't have any money," Tavàri lied.

"Don't play dumb with us. We know you have some gold hidden somewhere. Hand it over or we'll make you regret it," the first guard threatened.

Tavàri clenched her fists and glared at the guards. She wished she could use her magic to blast them away, but she knew that would only make things worse. She had no choice but to pay the fee, even though it was unfair and unjust.

Gabriel, a cold and rational elf, was treated like a noble. The guards bowed to him, complimented his fair hair and eyes, and offered him refreshments. They did not bother to check his bags, which contained the map and some stolen jewels. They waved him through without asking for any payment.

"Welcome to Korvas, sir. We are honoured by your presence," one of the guards said.

"Thank you for your kindness. I'm just passing through on my way to the capital," Gabriel lied.

"Of course, sir. The capital is a beautiful city. You'll find many wonders there," another guard said.

"I'm sure I will. Thank you again for your hospitality," Gabriel said.

He walked past the gate, feeling smug and satisfied. He had fooled the guards with his charm and wit, and he had avoided paying any fee. He was one step closer to finding the treasure, and he had done it without any trouble.

He waited for Tavàri on the other side of the gate, pretending not to notice the insults and glares she received. He knew they had to stick together if they wanted to find the treasure, and he also secretly admired her courage and spirit. He decided to cheer her up with a joke.

"Well, that was fun," he said with a smirk. "Don't you just love elves?"

Tavàri rolled her eyes and punched him in the arm.

"Shut up, you pointy-eared b#st#rd," she said with a grin. "Let's get out of here before I burn this place down."

They walked away from the gate, bickering and bantering like old friends.

I know it's short AGAIN but there will be longer ones! I promise. <3 ^^