chapter 6 - wait, what?

It's 10 p.m. and I want to get something to drink from the communal kitchen. Most people are asleep by now or sitting alone in their rooms. As I approach the kitchen, I hear two men talking. I stop in the hallway and listen to the conversation so as not to burst into an important conversation.

"No Ghost... I swear to you, no one's been this good the last two years we've had new rookies. And certainly not a woman." says König. Wait, is this about me? I keep listening.

Then I hear Ghost speaking in his British accent. "König, mate, you're blinded. Yes, the girl is good. But she's just another rookie. Calm down." He says seriously. "Here... What's her name again?" he asks and I hear a slight note of interest.

"Anja Fleischer." replies König.

"German?" asks Ghost in a low voice.

König nods. "Yeah man. I'm telling you, it's fate. What are the odds, huh?" he says.

Ghost sighs a little annoyed by the subject. "König. Don't get yourself into trouble, okay? My advice is to stay away from the rookies."

König makes an approving noise and the conversation seems to be over. I'm too uncomfortable to go into the kitchen, so I walk quickly and quietly back to my room. I throw myself on my bed and breathe quickly. What the hell was that? König is... interested in me? I'm confused. Then I smirk. Holy shit. I can't hide the fact that there's something about this man that drives me insane. After a few minutes, I close my eyes and fall asleep.