chapter 10 - ghost

Ghost's POV

A few days have passed since I interrupted Anja and König kissing in the gym. I just can't get the image out of my head. I knew that König saw something in her and yet I didn't expect her to get involved with him so easily. I tried to persuade him afterwards that he should stay away from her. That it would be best for everyone involved. Unfortunately, I then had to explain to him why it was so important to me. König has been my best friend for years. Of course I only wish him the best. But Anja should be mi-

"Lieutenant Ghost! Are you listening to me? Are you going to give a speech tonight too, yes or no?" asks a rookie called Nick. He is helping with the preparations for tonight. There's a group dinner where some officers and well-known military personalities from Task Force 141 give a few speeches. He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Fucking hell, no. Forget it. Never." I reply, annoyed.

Nick nods and disappears from my office.

My thoughts drift back to Anja. I think about the first time I saw her and how professionally she handled the Sniper. Oh God... those beautiful eyes. That slight grin and that fucking talent. I groan slightly at the thought of it.

"Are you having fun?" König asks as he enters my office, obviously having heard my groan.

I roll my eyes. "Mate, what do you all want from me today?" I ask, annoyed.

"Relax, I just wanted to ask if you wanted a coffee too."

I nod.

"Cool." replies König. "Will you bring me one?" he asks with a laugh.

"You twat." I say in my deep, annoyed voice and give him a death stare.

"Sorry. Just kidding." König says and laughs. "Hey, we're sitting at the same table tonight. Can't wait."

I sigh. "Oh. Great." I say sarcastically. König leaves my office laughing, heading down the hallway to get us the coffee.