chapter 15 - confrontation

author's note: hi! hello! i just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who has read this far. when i started writing this, i really just wanted to give it a try. i'm still writing my bachelor's thesis atm, so i don't have much time to continue writing this story at the moment. and even though it's really not that great in my opinion: it will go on! i just don't quite know how yet... we'll see. thanks again for all the views that I simply never would have expected. x - hyela (ps: the next chapters contain a bit of smut for you feral cuties)
_______________________________

When I wake up, it's already 8 o'clock in the morning. I turn to the side in my bed and hug my blanket close to my chest. What the hell was that yesterday? I wish it was a dream. I still can't quite grasp what Ghost confessed to me yesterday. König and him? Him? I lie back on my back and stare up at the concrete ceiling, its rough facade hovering above me. I remember the feeling of Ghost pushing me against the wall. On the one hand, he scared the hell out of me, but on the other... a warm feeling spread through my stomach. Almost like butterflies. I shake my head and sit up. No... no. First König and now Ghost? My two superiors... I can't be feeling something for both of them... No. I sigh. How should I face them both after last night? Preferably not at all. I want to hide, but that's simply impossible.

I decide to get a sick note from the basecamp doctor for today, blaming my girl problems. I need time to understand everything and decide what to do next. Decide. I just have to decide.

After a day spent hiding in my room, I head to the common room late at night to make myself some tea because I can't sleep. I start to boil the water and take a cup out of the cupboard, into which I place an herbal tea bag. The tea is called "Calm your Mind" and I smile a little at the irony. As the water starts to boil, I notice the light go on in the hallway. I flinch for a moment and as I look towards the door of the common room, I notice a large black shadow behind me. I turn around quickly and the moment I open my mouth to say something, a large hand is placed on my mouth and another on the back of my head to silence me. My eyes widen in panic and standing in front of me is none other than Ghost, towering over me with his intimidating stature.

"Shhh." he says through his mask. "Calm down. Calm down." But somehow he sounds scary even as he says it.

I look into his eyes and after a few seconds I nod slowly, unsettled. But he continues to hold his hand over my mouth and now comes closer, pinning me between him and the kitchen countertop with his hip.

"I want you to listen to me, Anja." he says softly in a raspy voice and he's so close to my face that my gaze shifts back and forth between his eyes. "I know you're confused. And I'm sorry for that. But I can't stand it when you try to keep your distance. Neither from me nor from König." he says and I can sense that he's just as angry with me as I am with him.

Adrenaline is rushing through my veins and I am overwhelmed by the situation. Tears gather in my eyes, blurring my vision. Suddenly I hear a slight, deep groan from Ghost.

"Tststs. No, Anja. You're such a fragile little thing." he says as the hand he has on the back of my head lightly strokes my hair. "But you're not going to cry now. Not because of me. Promise me that?" he says in a dominant way and it sounds more like an order. I nod in response.

"Good girl." he replies and I instinctively rub my thighs together. His eyes flash and he looks down between us when he notices. I lift my hand and place it on his wrist in a gesture that asks his permission to remove his hand from my mouth. At first he looks at me in confusion, but then he removes his hand and we stand in complete silence in the kitchen for a few seconds. The only sound is our breathing.

I swallow and look down. As I start to speak, I'm interrupted. "Ghost, I-"

"Eyes up here." he says in a deep voice. I look straight into his eyes and my mouth is open for a moment until I pull myself together again.

"I can't decide between you and König," I say quietly, almost ashamed. After a few seconds, Ghost lets out a mischievous chuckle.

"Decide?" he says, amused, and his hand on the back of my head grips the back of my hair tightly so that he turns my head upwards and looks down at me as he takes a step closer. "No, Anja. No decisions."

"Wh-what? But-" I say as a slight but somehow arousing pain spreads from the back of my head.

"You heard me right. You don't have to decide." he says as he looks deep into my eyes. "Unless you want to-"

"No! No... I... I don't want to decide," I interrupt him. The fact that I've just admitted that König and Ghost have the same value to me obviously surprises not only me, but him too. He groans softly and with his hand firmly in my hair, he pulls me so close to him that I can feel his breath on my face.

"Prove it to me." he says softly and challengingly.

After looking into his eyes for a few more seconds, I lose myself in them and our lips meet in a kiss that takes me in completely. It is full of passion and lust. Feelings that make Ghost appear in a completely different light. He pulls my head towards him, practically devouring me, and as we kiss, he presses his hips against mine. A soft moan escapes my lips and he moans in response. I can feel his bulge growing as he presses against me and before I can say anything, he grabs me by the hips and sits me down on the kitchen countertop. My arms wrap around his neck and my legs around his hips. He grabs my waist with his strong hands and rubs them up and down my body. We lose each other in that moment and when I move my hand to his hip, he breaks the kiss. His hands move to my throat and squeeze firmly but gently.

"Don't start something you can't finish, love," he says, his lips red and swollen from our kisses. I pull my hand back and nod, so he's loosening his grip on my neck. He chuckles in amusement.

"Good." he says. "You come to my office tomorrow after Sniper training. I'll make sure König will be there, too. The three of us urgently need to sort things out."

"Okay." I say, smiling sheepishly.

Suddenly his grip on my throat tightens again and he speaks against my gasping lips. "Don't you dare keep your distance with me or König again, Anja." he says in a voice filled with seriousness.

I shake my head as best I can and he lets go of my neck. "Good girl." he then says as he takes a step back. He studies me for a moment longer as I sit on the countertop, trying to regulate my breathing. Then he chuckles and walks out of the common room shaking his head, "See you tomorrow, love." he says and disappears.

I touch my neck and blush. Then I grin. I jump off the countertop and take my now lukewarm tea and go to my room.