one

amelia elsher stood in front of her father's desk with her hands behind her back, he stared at her down with a pleasing look. amelia's stats for the test to even be considered for the riders quadrant had gone very well.

of course her stats were good, she was a elsher after all and no elsher had not graduated from the riders quadrant. the stubble on his face began to move as soon as he started to speak, " you will not fail this family and you will not fail me. your older brothers graduated from the riders quadrant and so will you "

his uniform was decorated with meddles, general elsher is very feared with in the college because of his war experience and because he graduated at the top of his class when he was in the riders quadrant.

amelia nodded at her tough as nails father, before her training for the riders quadrant five years ago he was not as strict but because every member in her family had graduated at the top of their class thats when he changed.

" i know you can do it, i've trained you since you were 15 and well you are my daughter " general elsher smiled a little.

he always took pride in his children but amelia is his only daughter and was a hell lot better fighter than her brothers. she is a quick learner, light on her feet when she fights, and a very smart person.

" and make sure you protect violet, i tried to talk to her stubborn mother about not sending her but like usual she doesn't listen. she's a smart girl but the others will eat her live so watch her back "

the blonde haired girl lowered her head to acknowledge what he had said, her hair was pulled into a bun that she was sure wouldn't be undone. " that will be all, do well amelia " her father said with a choke in his voice.

it seemed like he was going to cry, which surpised amelia because her father never showed emotion to anyone. the young girl turned to walk out of the general's office with her father's lingering on her as she turned the door handle.

he knew that amelia would make it, she was as tough as nails and had the potential to become a general in the future. the girl walked out of her father's office and walked down the hall towards general sorrengail's office.

amelia saw that mira was standing outside with violet nowhere in sight, the girl was angry as hell. " let me guess, the talk didn't go well " she said.

" of course it didn't, my mother is being a stone cold bitch again " mira said smiling a little at amelia.

" how is violet doing? "

" how do you think? she only had six months of training unlike you who had 5 years and she can barely carry her rucksack. the only good thing is she has you going with her "

amelia tilted her head at mira, she understood why the older girl was so worried about violet going. violet was not the typical person that would make it in the rider quadrant and even if she passed the parapent, amelia was sure that the others would make her time there a living hell.

the door to the office swung open, violet had emerged from her mother's office and a guard closed the door behind her. " she's batshit crazy " mira said to her younger sister.

" they'll tell her you said that "

" like they don't already know "