four

" you seriously knew every answer in history and you, amelia during battle brief  was amazing " rhiannon says, acknowledging violet's smarts and amelia pissing off jack once again.

the classes had lunch and were now sparing in the gym, the three girls were watching ridoc and aurelie going against each other.

the gym was spacious with the flooring covered in black mats, one side had first-years, another side had second and third years.

" you're not even going to have to study for tests, are you? "

" i was trained as a scribe and that's how our friendship works. i'm the brains and amelia is the fighter " violet said smiling at her friend who nodded.

amelia couldn't help but look at second and third-years, especially liam who towered over a lot of people. it wasn't just him though as she was also eyeing garrick who was standing with xaden and bodhi.

" stop circling each other like you're dance partners and attack! " professor emetterio orders which snapped amelia out of her thoughts.

" i'm worried about this " violets speaks up, tilting her head up towards the mat.

amelia looks at violet and smiles, " don't worry, if anyone of them so much hurts you i'll put them in the healers ward "

violet laughed a little, she never had a to worry about being bullied as a kid because amelia was always there ready to beat the shit out of anyone who tried. now was not any different and violet knew that amelia could and would do that.

maybe not now, not in a day or two but she will sure as hell make anyone pay for hurting her best friend.

" man, i wish to have a friend like lia " sawyer's arm wrapped around amelia's shoulder.

" don't we all " ridoc yelled from the mat, amelia smiled a little then turned to sawyer. " we'll get there eventually " she said as sawyer smiled at her.

ridoc launches toward aurelie, but she ducks, sweeping her leg and tripping him. he staggers but doesn't go down. he pivots quickly, palming a dagger in his hand.

" no blades today! " professor emetterio bellows from beside the mat. " we're just assessing! "

ridoc mumbles and put his dagger back, just in time to deflect the right hook from aurelie. they keep on fighting until she had to be taken to the healers for almost losing a tooth.

a shriek was heard which made everyone look in the direction it came from, jack had another first-year in a headlock.

jack yanks his arms, his arms still secure around the other man's head.

" that guy is such an ass- " rhiannon starts.

the sickening crack of bones breaking is heard all over the gym, the first-year goes limp in jack's hold. he's dead.

" sweet malek " violet says and jack drops the first-year to the ground.

amelia winced as the dead first-year hit the ground, of course the asshat would kill someone on the first day of sparing.