two

amelia watched as rhiannon and violet made it onto the parapet, the storm picked up as soon as violet was starting. she had already took a deep breath and was getting ready to step onto the stone when the asshole behind her made a comment.

" do you need a little motivation sweetheart? " jack said with a smug smile on his face.

he was really starting to get on her nerves especially with the comments he was making about violet being weak. " put your hands on me and i will snap your neck " amelia said glaring at him.

xaden smiled at her sass, he didn't like by all means but he could tell she was tough and wasn't going to allow herself to get bullied by him. amelia stepped onto the parapet with her arms out for balance.

she could see that violet was doing pretty good and guessed that rhiannon was less than halfway. the elsher girl hoped that both girls would make especially after losing dylan she didn't want any of her friends to die. she did hope that jack would fall off though.

amelia had created some distance between her and jack, the asshole was fast though because he was doing everything to catch up to her.

" your the only one standing in way to kill sorrengail, should i kill you then kill her? " jack teased.

he was right, if he pushed amelia off then he would have more access to violet. she tried her best to create more distance but when it seemed like she finally did jack would be 2x faster. she was getting nervous as he was closing their distance.

the rain was getting heavier by the second, she nervously looked to see where violet was. the youngest sorrengail was doing good but would look back to amelia. " lia, watch out! " violet screamed.

amelia looked back to see jack almost right behind her, the asshole was only an arm length way from her. jack had kicked her leg which made amelia fall on the slippery stones. violet stopped to see her friend in pain on the parapet.

jack pushed amelia off, which made violet scream and the storm got so bad that she couldn't see her best friend fall. " lia! " violet screamed. her friend since she was five years old was dead because of jack.

" you're next, sorrengail! " jack yelled over the heavy rain.

violet frightened continued to move on the parapet faster than before, she was still mouring over her dead friend. or so she thought.

little did jack or violet know was amelia was trained for this exact situation, her father knew that people were going to try and kill her when she entered the riders quadrant, especially on the parapet.

he created a mock parapet and made her train day and night, snow, sunshine, or rain. it didn't matter what season or time of day it was. she trained for this exact moment since she was 15 years old.

sometimes he even watched her hang from the mock parapet just like she was doing now, her arms were hanging over the stone. show them how tough you are and why you are an elsher. mira's words echoed through amelia's mind as she was trying to pull herself up right.

" i'm an elsher, i have a duty to protect violet " amelia said managing to loop her right leg onto the parapet and pulled herself up.

she stood up, she was pissed off and would have loved nothing more than to push jack off the parapet. amelia knew that either jack caught up with violet or they had reached the other side. either way the storm was easing up so she hurried up.