nine

the next few weeks had fast of the first-years practicing on the gauntlet.

amelia had taken bodhi's advice on the chimney and shared it with violet because she was also having trouble with it as well.

rhiannon and amelia had just finished with the gauntlet and were waiting for violet to also finish. it amazed everyone just how smart she was to use her knife to help her.

garrick, xaden, and bodhi were watching the first-years but bodhi mainly had his eyes on amelia who was cheering on violet as she finished.

" you did it! " rhiannon exclaimed and hugged violet as she finished the chimney.

" i'm so proud of you " amelia said joining in on the hug.

" luck " violet said finally feeling like she could breath properly. " and adrenaline "

rhiannon and amelia smiled at each other before letting violet go. amelia was happy that no one else in her squad ended up dying, okay maybe she wanted luca and tynan to fall.

" cheating! "

amelia looked around for whoever said that and noticed it belonged to amber mavis the wingleader from third wing and dain's ex girlfriend.

" back the hell up, mavis " garrick threatens, his sword flashing in the sunlight.

xaden and bodhi had stepped foward as well, they weren't to kneen with people calling their squad members cheaters and especially with violet being amelia's friend.

" the cheater clearly used foreign materials not once but twice! " amber yells. " it's not to be tolerated! we live by rules or we die by them! "

amelia rolled her eyes, she thought amber was annoying as hell with all the rule following. no wonder why her and dain used to go out.

" i don't take kindly to calling anyone in my section a cheater " garrick warns, blocking amelia and violet's view. he knew it was only a matter of time before amelia would say something sassy.

amelia was already glaring at amber, xaden looked at amelia and motioned to the girl. almost saying he was wanting her to say some sassy remarks towards amber.

" and my wingleader will handle any rule-breaking in his own wing " garrick said moving out of the way so xaden could speak.

" sorrengail? " xaden said looking at violet.

" i expect a third-second penalty for using the rope " violet answered.

amber was pissed off at this point, " and the knife? " amber's eyes narrowed. " she's disqualified " when xaden doesn't answer, she turns that glare on him. " surely she's out! you can't tolerate lawlessness within your own wing, riorson! "

" you're just pissed off because she was smart enough to think of using the rope and knife. no need show how jealous you are " amelia said rolling her eyes.

amber glared at amelia, " you have no say in his business, this is between us leaders so stay out of it " she barked at amelia.

" actually, this is my business because you are calling my squad member a cheater and last time i checked you aren't my squad leader or wingleader so i don't have to listen to you. unless your name changes to xaden, garrick, or dain then don't take that tone with me " amelia said.