three

dinner time approached, the cadets had about an hour each day to eat their meals. they could come anytime within the hour to grab food but most of time cadets would eat together. earlier, xaden wanted dain's squad to be under his leadship which amelia hated. she was worried what he would do to violet.

she knew of mira's warning and the way he looked at her before she started the parapet. this was going to be hell, trying to protect violet from him and dain was only talking about switching her to the scribes.

amelia, rhiannon, and violet were walking to get food along with other members of their squad." jack is such an ass " rhiannon said. amelia was explaining to her what happened on the parapet.

" i know- " amelia started to say but her shoulder was roughly hit by someone.

it was girl with short-pink hair, she had a rebellion relic on and her stare was not pleasing. everyone could tell she hated amelia and violet with a passion. " watch it princess "

amelia's nose crinkled, she had a habit of doing it when she was annoyed or jealous. " leave her alone imogen " a familar voice was heard. it was the blond that bumped into amelia earlier.

" you're defending her now, really liam? " imogen said pissed off and walked away.

liam smiled at amelia, " eat well, first-year " he walked off leaving violet and rhiannon in shock.

" what was that about? " violet said confused at looked at amelia. " i bumped into him earlier and he started calling me first-year, that's all that happened " amelia said stunned.

a smile appeared on rhiannon's face, " you my friend, might have an admirer " she said grabbing amelia and violet's arm and pulled them to get food. everyone was hungry especially after surviving death.

the girls entered the line, they had come a little bit later than everyone else so the line wasn't as long and some of the tables were free. " look all the rebellion kids eat together " rhiannon whispered for the other two to look in one corner.

sure enough, they were all eating dinner together with imogen still pissed off. " amelia elsher and violet sorrengail, three o'clock " bodhi said whispering to the others at the table.

the rebellion kids looked to see the two general's kids getting their food, " you know, liam defened elsher " imogen said looking at xaden, she was hoping that he would say something to him.

" you bumped into her imogen, then told her to watch it when she did nothing wrong. of course i'm going to defend her "

meanwhile, all three girls and their squad members found a table to sit down at. " what i still can't believe is you pulled yourself up, hardly anyone has the strength to do that " sawyer, a repeat said.

" be honest, did you drink something magical to give you powers? " ridoc, a smartass who is pretty funny said to amelia.

she laughed and shook her head, " i'm a general's daughter. that right there is a enough said "

as amelia was eating a first-year came up to her, " h-hi amelia " one of boys said. he was scrawny and had black hair that was curly. she smiled at the boy who was very shy, that's when the asshat named jack said something.