fourteen

it was the next morning and the entire quadrant was meeting because of the attack that happened on violet last night. xaden had asked if he could use amelia as witness to validate what happened.

" having been alerted by my dragon, i interrupted the attack along with three other fourth wing riders. as it was a matter of life and death, i personally executed six of the would-be murderers, as witnessed by flame section leader garrick travis, tail section executive officier bodhi durran, and cadet amelia elsher "

amelia was standing in formation next to violet and rhiannon, xaden went on to say that another person escaped. violet and amelia looked at each other just waiting for him to call amber's name.

" i call you to answer for your crime against cadet sorrengail " xaden said before pausing. " wingleader amber mavis " he finally says.

" what the hell? " dain says in disbelief. he couldn't believe that amber the one person who follows the rules just as much as he does would do that.

amelia saw that rhiannon grabbed onto violet's hand, she turned to walls of the courtyard to see that celeste had arrived.

" amber would never " dain says looking at violet. " a wingleader would never, get up there and tell everyone that he's lying vi "

violet looked at amelia who nodded then stepped forward, " but he's not " she calmly said.

" i was there dain and so was amelia, are you saying she's lying as well? "

more words were exchanged between them, amelia stepped forward just as amber did as well.

" i have committed no such crime! " amber shouted.

amelia rolled her eyes and looked at her, " really? because i remember clear as day that you ran out of violet's room last night. you looked so scared that was there as well "

" are you saying this because of what happened? i'm sorry then but please leave amber out of this " dain said approaching amelia.

celeste leaned her head into the courtyard, a lot of the cadets were scared because she was huffing at dain.

" it's not because of that and you might want watch your back " amelia said smiling and pointing behind dain.

he turned around to see celeste in his face and a cloud of smoke puffed out of her nose, onto his face. it was so hot and strong that some his hair blew back from the hairstyle.

" how dare he call you and violet a liar, let me at him now " celeste said.

" just a fair warning, she wants to skin you alive as we speak "

xaden looked at the chaos that was starting and looked at the other two wingleaders, " we need a quorum "

more dragons had come to rest on the walls of the courtyard, tairn and celeste were the biggest of course that made every other dragon look small.

" shit's about to get real " sawyer said, he broke formation along with ridoc to stand with violet.

" you can stop this right now, violet. you have to " dain says still with hope that she would take back what she said. " i don't know what you saw last night, but it wasn't amber. she cares too much about the rules to break them "