eleven

it was the first of october which means threshing was today, earlier they had presentation day which didn't end well because pryor died. amelia felt bad because he seemed like a nice kid but was always picked on by luca and tynan.

the only good thing was luca was blasted, it made up for losing pryor honestly. like ridoc said before, guess the dragons think she's insufferable as well. it scared violet and amelia shitless because two green dragons smelled teine which is mira's dragon.

since, violet's armor was made of mira's dragon scales. luckily green dragons are most reasonable. " remember to listen here " professor kaori says talking to all 147 first-years.

" if a dragon has already selected you, they'll be calling. so pay attention to not just your surroundings but your feelings, and go with them." he says. " and if your feelings are telling you to go in the other direction...listen to that, too "

this is what scared amelia the most, she was about to meet the dragon will be bonded to her but what if no dragon wanted to bond with her.

everything she'll have ever trained for would have been for nothing, her father would be disappointed that his daughter who had so much promise couldn't even bond on her first-year.

professor kaori had finished up his speech and wished them all good luck, honestly amelia wasn't pay attention to it. she was busy worrying about what, if any dragon would bond to her and of course she was worried about violet.

" good luck and be careful " rhiannon said pulling both amelia and violet into a hug.

" you as well " violet said smiling at both girls.

" be safe, both of you " amelia said before all three girls left their different ways.

as amelia was walking, the crunch of yellow leaves was heard with each step she took. amelia encountered two dragons who took little interest in her. she figured they weren't going to pick her so she just walked.

amelia was thankful to have made this far, the pain in the ass training her father made her do saved her ass several times. she was thankful to have made friends like rhiannon, liam, sawyer, and ridoc.

she was even more thankful to have violet still alive, but mostly she was thankful to have bodhi. he easily became one of her biggest supporters and friend, life would have been so different if they hadn't fallen for each other.

amelia continued to walk through the forest and spotted a white morningstartail laying on the ground. this was the last white ones who didn't have a rider, only 100 of them are alive and 99 of are bonded.

the morningstartail perked up its head up at the sight of amelia, " hello beautiful " amelia said walking towards it.

the dragon blinked and titled its head, she reached out to put her hand on the dragon's forehead. amelia knew that she wasn't supposed to approach an unbonded dragon because they could kill you in an instant.

amelia wasn't afraid, she didn't have a death wish but she also knew the best way to get bonded it to be unafraid. amelia closed her eyes and pressed her head on the dragon's head.

" your attentions are pure and good " amelia heard a voice in her mind.

she opened her eyes and was amazed, " what? " amelia said softly.